• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating "Credit" Program

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a "credit" program for my customers. I'd like for them to be able to purchase a certain number of credits and be able to use those credits to purchase individual products, sort of how you can purchase templates on BCGurus or the old Tribvita/Simple Flame site (I'm not selling templates, so no worries on competition).  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to link the credit purchase to the client account and make it dynamic, so that when they order content, it is subtracted from their credits. I'm certain there is a simple answer, but I'm just having a hard time figuring it out.

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you develop a 3rd party system that manages it all and barely use BC to handle stuff which be a lot of time and cost to develop... Not worth doing.

Look to another solution that actually supports such a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amartelada25,

We've achieved what you're asking using two different methods on two separate websites; we called the modules Loyalty Programme,

I'll give you a brief breakdown of the main points, but you're going to have to code everything up yourself.

Method 1 (Loyalty Points redeemed via Discount Codes):

• Use Extend CRM form, call it Loyalty Programme, with a field called Points. Every dollar spent should equal 1 LP to be redeemed.
  • Create Discount Codes, say LP20fixed, LP50fixed, LP100fixed which correlates to $20, $50, $100 "credits" or redemption.
  • User has to be logged in before checkout.
  • On shopping cart, read logged in users Loyalty Programme "Points", if their points are greater than $20, make the "Redeem $20" points button available.
  • There are several methods to securing how you apply the "ApplyDiscount('LP20fixed')".
  • Once user is eligible and selects their "credits" this can be applied to the shopping cart. Once a Discount is applied, you can disable showing the normal discount features. Rule: you can either apply a discount code manually, or redeem credits. Cannot do both at the same time.
  • Upon successful Credit Card transaction 1) either add the full order cost to the Loyalty Programme extened CRM field or 2) remove and discount total values from the user's current Loyalty Programme -> Points field.
  • Only allow "Loyalty Free" products to be "redeemed" (added to cart) with a redeem button on the shopping cart page if the users' shopping cart qty per product PLUS the stored Loyalty Points per that product is greater than or equal to 10.
  • I'm leaving out a lot of other details, but you get the point.

Of course there are several other ways, the two methods mentioned above followed the customer's RFPs but you can always search through a customers order history using {module_data} to see if they are elligable for credits.

The redeeming part I've found can be done using Discount Codes, or apply a Free Product which is normally hidden from general customers view, even locked down using liquid in the page_content.html page.

I hope the above gives you inspiration on how you can achieve "free credits" on purchases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do better then this... But I will still and always will tell people to not do this in BC. You can just read the above and you can pick the wholes out of it and it can not be solid enough.

Updates have to be done to the platform or use another platform if you want a true program thats solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really helpful. I think I've figured out a way to do it that works via Web Apps using Liquid. I'll let you know the second I figure it out and test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My way of achieving this was using Module data and Liquid combined calculating the amount that the user has spent in the site and crate a score system based on the amount of total orders, following creating conditionals to show a range of Discount Codes depending on the amount spent as such 5% 10% 20% 50%.

Result user get to spend a certain amount to qualify also you can give a preview of how much they need to spend to qualify for discounts.

I have also used the same method combined with WebApps for offers and competitions.

Let me know if it can give you some idea to get it done, if not I can build a widget for you to just drop in your customer zone to be used the way you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sort of what I decided to do, but I'm having a hard time with Liquid. I haven't been able to figure out how to add an array. That is, when the client order credits, it's an array - I'd like to do some simple math to keep track of the credits bought (adding each credit purchase) and the credits used (adding each credit used) and then subtracting each. I tried to create an Assign for the addition, but it won't add more than a few of the items in the array.

Am I doing it wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you share your code and how you are using it I can maybe give you some instructions to get it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines