1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 2:43 AM by Roei Tzoref

Recover Unsaved After Effects Project

jeffreyc22799448

Hi, last week, I've made an After Effects project, but I had forgotten to save it. Its not rendered yet so I couldn't get onto that project. I've spent nearly 3 hours working on it last week and now its all gone! I want to ask if there is a way to recover an unsaved After Effects CC project because i really need it.

Thank you for the help really.

btw Im using windows 8 and After Effects CC

• 1. Re: Recover Unsaved After Effects Project
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

3 hours? count your blessings my friend! my sympathy goes for you buddy but if you did not save it, and if there isn't an auto-save folder in the project folder:

then there's nothing really to recover, right?

BTW you have to actually save the project for the first time for this folder to appear, and it has to be checked on in the preferences

make it a habit to first save when you start making a project, and work with auto save (easy for me to say - 12 years with the software and still sometimes I only remember to save it for the first time only after an hour or so)

if it's lost - take that as a lesson that you really really really did not pay so much to learn make it better than the first version I say!