8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 10:18 AM by Szalam

Is my overall AE and ME perforemence extremely slow or am i just delusional...

DropCommunity

Hey Guys.

I've just bought my new computer and i'm using After Effects CC 2015 and Media Encoder CC 2015 for my YouTube projects.

My specs are:

CPU: i7 6700K.

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: 16GB of DDR4 2400Mhz

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB.

HHD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB.
      System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

External effects used:
      Trapcode & Sound Keys & Twitch

Project File:
      http://www.filedropper.com/trapempireproject

Basically my old computer was very very slow, had a GTX 210 i think, an i5 750 and a really slow HHD.

it took me hours to render videos that other people rendered in less then 40 minutes and i got sick and tired of it and invested in a ultra computer for gaming and rendering.

But to my surprise this computer is actually performing worse then what other people told me their computers perform with lesser (lot lesser) specs.

I can't figure out if something is wrong with my AE or system in general or are my expectations too high and the performance im receiving is right on the dot of what should be and is good.

This project file is the project i am trying to render with Adobe Media Encoder and After Effects (same render time with both).

It takes me 2 and a half hours to render this project.

Also when i preview render in after effects it gives me a 1-2 seconds of real time and then goes into not real time preview rendering 15 fps out of 60 with the quarter quality and 1-2 fps on full quality.

So i'm really confused.

Please if somebody can, download this project file and render it on your computer and tell me how long it takes you and if something is wrong with my pc tell me how i can improve it to get the best render time possible !

My Render settings are:

H.264

60FPS

VBR 1

10-12 bit-rate

Use Maximum Render Quality