5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 2:09 PM by Karl Heinz Kremer

LOTS of problems with Adobe on Macbook

kehwon

All functions including export PDF, Fill & Sign do not show up on the side bars.

The "Sign" dialog box is blank, and I am unable to create and signatures as well as place any signatures.

screencap.png

The program is absolutely incompatible with macbooks. Please fix this or do not even have it available for download as it is just silly.

• 1. Re: LOTS of problems with Adobe on Macbook
          Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

It looks like you are using Acrobat DC - it is definitely compatible with Mac OS X:

2016-07-28_12-39-02.png

You are very likely running into a problem with your local installation. Have you tried to uninstall and re-install? Unfortunately, on the Mac we don't have the same feature as Windows users have that allows us to repair our Acrobat installation.

Which version of Mac OS X are you using?

• 2. Re: LOTS of problems with Adobe on Macbook
            kehwon Level 1

Hi Karl,

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. I have also tried to install the Segoe fonts that has been suggested by some other forum users.

I'm currently using OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.5

By not being compatible, I mean why do these features even show up on the mac version if they're not available at first installation? Otherwise it would serve more useful to actually create a download file with all the repairs you would need in a zip file then. Not making it user-friendly is terrible.

Further, on a different note, Adobe has never been very compatible with mac. in that other programs are not mac compatible, eg: you can't install photoshop on a case-sensitive HD...

• 3. Re: LOTS of problems with Adobe on Macbook

All I can say is that I've been running Acrobat on a Mac since (I think) Acrobat 8 without any major  problems. Acrobat DC is supported on El Capitan. You do however have to make sure that you update to the latest version of DC (via the "Check for updates" function in Acrobat's Help menu).

What you are seeing is specific to your system, and it should work (and does so on may Macs). All features that show up on the user interface should work, there is nothing that gets displayed that is not available on a Mac. You've already covered the font issue (even tough, based on your screen shot, I don't believe it looks like the font issue). You can try to reset Acrobat's configuration by removing the Plist file /Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist - I would not delete it outright, but rename it so that I could potentially go back to it. To do that, shut down Acrobat, then rename the file and start Acrobat again. This will create a new version of this file.

If that does not work, because this is not a simple configuration issue, this may be one of the cases when  you have to get in touch with Adobe's support: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

• 4. Re: LOTS of problems with Adobe on Macbook
                kehwon Level 1

Hi Karl,

From your suggestion of deleting the plist file, I think the reason might be because I do not have the Pro version. I'll look into it some more on my own and get in touch with Adobe's support if this is not a reason. But I suspect it must be.

These are the files I do have though:

com.adobe.AdobeRdrCEF.plist

com.adobe.crashreporter.plist

com.adobe.Reader.plist

Thanks for all your help anyway!

• 5. Re: LOTS of problems with Adobe on Macbook

Ah, yes, if you have the free Reader, this Plist file does not exist. In your case, it would be com.adobe.Reader.plist