• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In my setting the button for flash player is on (for Microsoft Edge) but when I do a check it tells me it is disabled? Anyone know how to fix this?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per above title, I can't seem to get my flash player to work?  Its not in my list of installed programs and when I try to install it, the message I keep getting is that I do not need to install because its already exits as a standard with M.E and also says its disabled? But In my settings its mark as "on" So I'm confused???  Anyone else having this or had this issue and has a solution to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand what you're trying to say: "keep getting is that I do not need to install because its already exits as a standard with M.E and also says its disabled?First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:"

That said, the following guidance applies:

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines