The only thing you can do is create a screen capture of the map.
A screen capture isn't interactive and you can't see the pictures only the pins. The paint shop pro "share my trip" will create a google map which has the pins linked to the pictures. The is completely interactive with a thumbnail strip at the bottom of the map, pins which can be clicked on to show the larger image. This is what my client needs to show where each picture was taken, I really wish Lightroom had the ability to do this, very disappointing
There's a possible workaround. I know this isn't perfect, but if you or your client use one of the online services that can show one gallery's photos on an interactive map, like Flickr or Smugmug, you can try this:
- In the Lightroom Web module, adjust the Lightroom map so that it shows the area containing the pictures you want to display.
- If necessary choose Map > Visible on Map. This will filter the image list to show only the photos in the current Lightroom map view.
- Export all of those photos from Lightroom using metadata settings that preserve the location metadata.
- Upload the exported photos to a gallery on the online service you use.
- Now you can use that service's interactive map feature to show the photos in their locations, in a web browser.
The export and upload steps can be more seamless if Lightroom has a Publish Service that directly syncs with the online service you use.
Hi Conrad, thank you for your reply. This is much more work than just being able to export directly from Lightroom, I was hoping there would be a plugin out there, I have a lot of pictures in 4 different large areas.
I am so frustrated that a program like Paint Shop Pro does this so easily, but our wonderful Lightroom seems to be falling behind in this area. With so many cameras now with GPS, or the ability to easily add a GPS clients are looking for this kind of feature, at least in the area I am in.
If this was a one off job I think your workaround would be great, I did consider it before downloading a trial of PSP, now it looks like I am going to have to buy it just for this one feature...come on Adobe get with it!
I was hoping there would be a plugin out there, I have a lot of pictures in 4 different large areas.
Google is your friend...try search words: Lightroom Map Plugin
See if any of the LR plugins at the above search work for you.