6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2016 5:37 AM by trshaner

Export Lightroom Map

franj1606 Level 1

I have been doing a job for a client which requires gps info on the photos, which is no problem. He needs to see where each photo has been taken, Lightroom map is great for this. I would like to export the map so that he can see the photos on the Google map, like Paint Shop Pro does, is there a Lightroom plugin which can do this? I am an Adobe user and I really don't want to purchase another editing suite just for this one feature, for this one client.

Any assistance is appreciated. If this feature is not out there, why not Adobe? if a program like Paint Shop Pro has it why not Lightroom?

• 1. Re: Export Lightroom Map
          dj_paige Level 9

The only thing you can do is create a screen capture of the map.

• 2. Re: Export Lightroom Map
            franj1606 Level 1

A screen capture isn't interactive and you can't see the pictures only the pins. The paint shop pro "share my trip" will create a google map which has the pins linked to the pictures. The is completely interactive with a thumbnail strip at the bottom of the map, pins which can be clicked on to show the larger image. This is what my client needs to show where each picture was taken, I really wish Lightroom had the ability to do this, very disappointing

• 3. Re: Export Lightroom Map
              Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There's a possible workaround. I know this isn't perfect, but if you or your client use one of the online services that can show one gallery's photos on an interactive map, like Flickr or Smugmug, you can try this:

1. In the Lightroom Web module, adjust the Lightroom map so that it shows the area containing the pictures you want to display.
              2. If necessary choose Map > Visible on Map. This will filter the image list to show only the photos in the current Lightroom map view.
              3. Export all of those photos from Lightroom using metadata settings that preserve the location metadata.
              4. Upload the exported photos to a gallery on the online service you use.
              5. Now you can use that service's interactive map feature to show the photos in their locations, in a web browser.

The export and upload steps can be more seamless if Lightroom has a Publish Service that directly syncs with the online service you use.

• 4. Re: Export Lightroom Map
                franj1606 Level 1

Hi Conrad, thank you for your reply. This is much more work than just being able to export directly from Lightroom, I was hoping there would be a plugin out there, I have a lot of pictures in 4 different large areas.

I am so frustrated that a program like Paint Shop Pro does this so easily, but our wonderful Lightroom seems to be falling behind in this area. With so many cameras now with GPS, or the ability to easily add a GPS clients are looking for this kind of feature, at least in the area I am in.

If this was a one off job I think your workaround would be great, I did consider it before downloading a trial of PSP, now it looks like I am going to have to buy it just for this one feature...come on Adobe get with it!

• 5. Re: Export Lightroom Map
                  dj_paige Level 9

Maybe you should submit a feature request to Adobe. This forum is not the place to make feature requests.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

• 6. Re: Export Lightroom Map
                    trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

franj1606 wrote:

I was hoping there would be a plugin out there, I have a lot of pictures in 4 different large areas.

Google is your friend...try search words: Lightroom Map Plugin

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&site=&source=hp&q=lightroom+map+plugin&oq=lightroom+ map+plugin&gs_l=hp.3..0i22i30.…

See if any of the LR plugins at the above search work for you.