3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2006 7:49 PM by cmscss

testing my movie

batgirl_Sa
      Ok i am testing my movie... when i got to test movie from going to the menu
      (control---> test movie) my movie works fine... things are moving like they should be and text is being loaded where it should be .

(i am actually loading a movie dynamically using loadmovie and that movie is loading text into it dynamilcally using the loadvariables)

anyway all of it looks fine when i test it.... but then when i do a publish preview in HTML the text is not loaded and somethings arent moving.... does any one have any idea what the problem could be? why when i do test movie it runs fine BUT when i preview in HTML OR run the swf file on its own it is not working??

HELP
        • 1. Re: testing my movie
          Level 7
          You may be hitting a Flash 8 security issue that you cannot load external
          data using file:////path_to_your_movie/youmoviehtml in a web browser. You
          may need to use http://thedomain.com/yourmovie.html.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "batgirl_Sa" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e2uul2$seh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          Ok i am testing my movie... when i got to test movie from going to the menu
          (control---> test movie) my movie works fine... things are moving like they
          should be and text is being loaded where it should be .

(i am actually loading a movie dynamically using loadmovie and that movie
          is
          loading text into it dynamilcally using the loadvariables)

anyway all of it looks fine when i test it.... but then when i do a publish
          preview in HTML the text is not loaded and somethings arent moving.... does
          any
          one have any idea what the problem could be? why when i do test movie it
          runs
          fine BUT when i preview in HTML OR run the swf file on its own it is not
          working??

HELP

• 2. Re: testing my movie
            cmscss Level 1
            Hi There,

Did you find a solution to your problem? I'm having the same issue.

All of a sudden, none of my published movies display any text. My Flash document is much simpler than yours by the sound of it, just one very short scene published as a quick animation to my desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
            • 3. Re: testing my movie
              cmscss Level 1
              If I publish the movie using Flash Player 7 it works fine...