15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 7:59 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Access color library

JZZN

I would like to access my cc color library in adobe sketch. In every other app I use, the library comes up automatically, however in sketch I can only create new color themes (existing themes are not shown). Themes I just created in adobe capture show up in all my apps except sketch. How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: Access color library
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Jessica,

Please see Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries | Sync digital assets in Adobe apps

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Access color library
            Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Jzzn,

I'm really sorry this isn't working correctly. Someone just posted about a similar problem in Sketch (only with brushes). I've asked her to try something; can you give it a try as well?

In Capture, create a new library (name it Test) and move one or two of your color themes to it. Let it sync (to the point that you can see the new library and your themes when you log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud ), then try opening them in Sketch again.

Let me know what happens.

Sue

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Access color library
              JZZN Level 1

Hi Sue,

thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not do the trick. The library I created in capture syncs fine to my desktop apps as well as to Draw on my iPad, but still no luck getting Sketch to sync. Signing out of Sketch and signing in again did not help. I noticed I also have the issue with brushes not syncing.

Sketch does work well when I send artwork to Photoshop, so it appears to be a CC library thing only. BTW, I installed Sketch on my iPhone 6 as well, and that version does not sync with the iPad version either.

I hope this gets fixed in an update, because a fully functional Sketch would definitely make me consider getting an iPad pro

Kind regards,

Jessica

• 4. Re: Access color library

Jessica,

I've already brought this to the attention of the team; they'll figure out what's happening. I may need you to share this Library with me at some point, but can you try one other thing for me:

Can you try creating a new library in Sketch? Go to the Color Themes menu and tap "+ Create New Library." Once you've created a new library, try moving an existing theme there, then close and relaunch the app and see if it's visible.

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Access color library
                  JZZN Level 1

Hi Sue,

I created a new library in capture and added an existing theme. Like before, this library automatically pops up everywhere except in Sketch (neither iPad nor iPhone). Also, I installed Illustrator Draw on my iPhone and ran into the same problem - it doesn't sync either. However, Illustrator Draw for iPad does sync just fine.

Let me know if you want me to share my library.

Jessica

• 6. Re: Access color library
                    Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Jessica,

Sue is working with the team in the backend to fix this issue.

We will update you for the same.

Regards,

Sheena

• 7. Re: Access color library

Jessica,

Good news. I heard back from the product team and there's a known bug in the app (discovered a couple of days ago) and they're working on resolving it. I should know more, a little later today, about when that fix will be available.

Hang in there. I'll post as soon as I know something more.

Sue.

• 8. Re: Access color library
                        JZZN Level 1

Hi Sue and Sheena,

thank you for your reply, and for the effort. I'll check back regularly to see if there is an update. It's good to know it is being addressed

Jessica

• 9. Re: Access color library

Hi Jessica,

I've heard that the fix is in for this issue. Try force-quitting the app (double-tap the home button, from the list of apps swipe up on Sketch), restarting your device, then relaunching the app.

If you have anything you're working on, it's always a good idea to log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud, to make sure your work is synced, before force-quitting.

Let me know if your Libraries show up again.

Sue.

• 10. Re: Access color library
                            JZZN Level 1

Hi Sue,

Thanks, but unfortunately that did not work for me. I had already tried that a couple of days ago when I was on ios 9.3.3. Just to be sure, I updated ios to 9.3.4 and tried again... still no luck. For now I'm using just Draw on my iPad, that seems to be the only one that is syncing. Hopefully there will be another fix or patch...

Jessica

• 11. Re: Access color library

Thanks Jessica,

Can you try try signing out of Sketch, force-quitting, restarting, and signing back in to it one more time?

Sue

• 12. Re: Access color library
                                JZZN Level 1

No problem, Sue. So I opened up Sketch, signed out, force quit, restarted my iPhone (iPad as well), reopened Sketch and signed in. Still no syncing with cc, neither on iPad nor on iPhone. I created another library on my mac, which immediately synced to Draw on my iPad, but not to Draw on my iphone, nor to sketch on either of my devices. Unless I am overlooking a vital step, it's still not working for me, unfortunately.

Jessica

• 13. Re: Access color library

Jessica,

Any luck seeing your libraries in Sketch? (They showed up for other people this past weekend.)

Sue.

• 14. Re: Access color library
                                    JZZN Level 1

Hi Sue,

sorry for the late response, something went wrong posting my reply (hadn't noticed u til now).

For Sketch, my libraries came up instantly. I had to sign out of Draw and restart a couple of times, but then it worked as well. So it's all perfectly in sync now, I am happy! Thanks so much for your help

Jessica

• 15. Re: Access color library

Jessica,

No problem. I assumed that "no news was good news."

I'm glad everything's working now. Thanks for letting me know.

Sue.