1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2016 3:40 PM by kerrishotts

Phonegap Build - IOS build error

antonyp26843205

Hi,

As i try to run this program, I am getting this particular error which is mentioned below. This particular error 'BUILD FAILED' is popping up while I am trying to run this program.  As I'm not abler to fix it, I kindly request you to help me with some hints or solutions in order to fix this.

/project/R4E/Images.xcassets:./AppIcon.appiconset/[iphone][57x57][][][1x]: notice: 57x57 app icons only apply to iPhone apps targeting releases of iOS prior to 7.0

/project/R4E/Images.xcassets:./AppIcon.appiconset/[iphone][57x57][][][2x]: notice: 57x57@2x app icons only apply to iPhone apps targeting releases of iOS prior to 7.0

/project/R4E/Images.xcassets:./AppIcon.appiconset/[ipad][50x50][][][1x]: notice: 50x50 iPad spotlight icons only apply to iPad apps targeting releases of iOS prior to 7.0

/project/R4E/Images.xcassets:./AppIcon.appiconset/[ipad][50x50][][][2x]: notice: 50x50 iPad spotlight icons only apply to iPad apps targeting releases of iOS prior to 7.0

/project/R4E/Images.xcassets:./AppIcon.appiconset/[ipad][72x72][][][1x]: notice: 72x72 app icons only apply to iPad apps targeting releases of iOS prior to 7.0

/project/R4E/Images.xcassets:./AppIcon.appiconset/[ipad][72x72][][][2x]: notice: 72x72@2x app icons only apply to iPad apps targeting releases of iOS prior to 7.0

/* com.apple.actool.compilation-results */

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon29x29.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon29x29@2x.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon29x29@3x.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon40x40@2x.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon57x57.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon57x57@2x.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon29x29~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon29x29@2x~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon40x40~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon40x40@2x~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon50x50~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon50x50@2x~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon72x72~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.app/AppIcon72x72@2x~ipad.png

/project/build/R4E.build/Release-iphoneos/R4E.build/assetcatalog_generated_info.plist

CompileXIB R4E/Classes/MainViewController.xib

cd /project

export XCODE_DEVELOPER_USR_PATH=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/..

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool --errors --warnings --notices --module R4E --output-partial-info-plist /project/build/R4E.build/Release-iphoneos/R4E.build/MainViewController-PartialInfo.plist --auto-activate-custom-fonts --target-device iphone --target-device ipad --minimum-deployment-target 8.0 --output-format human-readable-text --compile /project/build/R4E.app/MainViewController.nib /project/R4E/Classes/MainViewController.xib

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

CompileAssetCatalog build/R4E.app R4E/Images.xcassets

(1 failure)

Expecting a reply.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Phonegap Build - IOS build error
          kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

The error itself looks to be a problem with the image assets in the Xcode project. Double check that you're supplying all necessary splash and icon images and that they are of the right size.

What command(s) are you using to run the app? What version of PhoneGap do you have installed? If you don't mind, please share your config.xml file (minus identifying/secret information you don't want the world to know).