• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red X in After Effects CC 2015.3

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3 i have a problem when i open a project, the preview has a big red X over it and it is super annoying. Any answers on how to remove this red X? Need to know ASAP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big red X is because you have an unlicensed third-party effect installed and used in your project. Select all of the layers in your timeline, press the u key ice to reveal all modified properties and then start turning off the effects one at a time until you find the unlicensed plug-in.  Once you identify the plug-in either purchase it or enter the license key that came with it when you purchase the plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem in premiere pro and it's showing a red x whenever i export a video, or view a video, Does anybody know what is going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also encoutered this problem 😞

BitBat have you got solution to this issue? If so, please share.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but

After spending time in searching, it came to know me that this issue happens due to use of un-licensed effects/transitions in Adobe Premiere Pro as well as in Adobe After Effects. 

FOR PREMIERE PRO USERS:
Actually, I used Motion Array's Plugin which included Adobe Premiere Pro Video Effects (like MA Glitch, MA Grunge, MA Luminous, Pusher, Shifter, Long Shadow etc.) 

When I read out the instruction from ReadMe.pdf file that came with the Plugin Installer. The instructions guide me that, this Plugin is a trial and if you have to use it please purchase the package and get full access with LoginIn credentials.

Method of LoginIn:
  In Adobe Premiere Pro, after enabling any desired Effect (from Effects tab) go to Effect Controls tab then click on Effect(Name of effect) then click on the Setup button that is at right side of Effect name, after clicking on Setup button the LoginIn dialog will be appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are seeing something like this:

then it is, as Rick suggested, a trial based Plugin. i.e an effect that does not come with your After Effects install, and is installed on your machine, BUT it is set to a Trial mode and not full. when it's on "Trial" mode - you usually can use most of the features but you get an X. some Plugins don't have X for the trial modes, but eliminate important features instead.

more often then not, this X usually belongs to a Redgiant Trapcode Effect: Shine, Particular and a few more.

a better shortcut key instead of U or UU to look for used effects in your timeline, is to type E. U will show you properties with keyframes and UU will show you only modified properties but there could be many, and also some that don't include effects, or maybe you didn't even modify the effect so you won't see it at all. on the other hand E will show only Effects property group and it's much easier. you also have this switch of layers with effects to give you an indication that the layer has an effect.

Happy searching

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary3106797247ni_0-1689324705315.png

how to we solved this problam plzzz tell me these solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Start by turning off or soloing layers until the X goes away.
  2. When you find the layer that is generating the X, press the "e" key once to reveal all effects on that layer
  3. Start turning off the Effects one at a time until the X disappears
  4. When you find the Effect that is showing the X, check the Effects Control Panel to see if there is a License option there. If there is no license option, try to identify the company or person that created the effect, go to the website, and purchase a license or look for your purchase history and apply the license for the effect that is causing the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines