I was hoping that someone who is very familiar with these functions can help me and save me from reading all of it and trying to study it thoroughly.
It this not the main idea of a forum?
The main idea of a forum is to help people find solutions, not to do their work for them...
It's really not that difficult to find what you're looking for. I'll help you with those items you asked about:
- set layout to: Icon top, label bottom -> The buttonPosition property of the Field object.
- set label to "send form" -> The buttonSetCaption method of the Field object.
- set and icon to a specific png file -> The buttonSetIcon or buttonImportIcon methods of the Field object.
- set the action to "Submit a form" -> Not possible. You can only assign a JS command using a script. But you can use JS to submit the document, using the submitForm method of the Document object.
- Set Select Trigger to "Mouse Up" -> The setAction method of the Field object.
In many cases a forum is a shortcut that helps people unable or unwilling to use the documentation. You will find programmers take a very different view and you must be prepared to read thousands of pages. We can help you find what to read.