10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2016 5:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem

Wordchipper

I have been successfully using Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for a couple of years and I was successfully burning DVDs directly from the program's "share" feature. After upgrading to Windows 10, the program works to create a "file" for viewing on a computer, etc., however, the program gets stuck when I select the "burn DVD" option. The circle keeps going around and nothing happens. I re-loaded the program from my licensed disc and that didn't fix it. What's the fix? (if there is one?) If Adobe Premiere can't work with Windows 10, I'll have to find another video editing program.

Appreciate any advice I can get before I stop using Adobe Premiere Elements.  - Larry -  Wordchipper@gmail.com

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It definitely works on Windows 10.

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled it since upgrading?

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem
            Wordchipper Level 1

I have Uninstalled Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and Reinstalled it. STILL..when I click on "burn to DVD" all I get is cycling and nothing happens. So, you say that this program works with Windows 10? Sure, up through the share process and I can burn a file and then put it on a USB stick and take it over to my Windows XP machine, which has Adobe Premiere 9 on it, and burn a DVD from there. Must this be my new procedure?

What's the fix...???

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem

I don't know. I don't have your computer in front of me. But here's a possible solution from ATR, who used to contribute regularly to this forum.

Make sure your Folder Options is set to Show All File. Then go to C\Program Data\Adobe\Common\Adobe\ARA\. In The Common Folder, right clicked to bring up its Properties/Security Tab. Under the Security Tab, select Edit, then set System permissions to Royalty Activation and reboot.

If that doesn't work, the best solution is to output your disc file as an ISO and then use the great free download ImgBurn to output the ISO as a DVD. This process takes no more time than burning directly to a disc and has the added advantage of saving a copy of your disc on your hard drive for later reference and so that you can burn more copies.

You can find out how to install ImgBurn and use it to burn and ISO in my free tutorial at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

*** How to use ImgBurn ***

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem
                Wordchipper Level 1

Steve...am I the only user of Adobe Premiere Elements 13 on the planet with this problem? I am quite familiar with the program and have created a number of videos on this laptop with System 7. This circles stall on "burn DVD" under the share menu only happened after loading Windows 10. Adobe must have a fix for this unless I am the only user on the planet with the problem.

I will go through the relatively complex instructions and spend more time trying to solve this. I appreciate your suggestion of those steps, which I will try. This Image Burning capability...this isn't something that will attempt to take charge of my PC (so many video editing options try that)...or is some sort of risk, right?

I thank you for that link and if I can't fix it with the steps you mentioned, then I will try that. I would spend the money on 14 but how can I be sure that will work with Windows 10?

Larry

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem

No need to spend money on version 14 to see if it fixes your problem. Just download the free trial.

In fact, it's possible it will even fix your disc burning interface issue just by installing it.

Maybe. It doesn't cost anything to try.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem
                    Wordchipper Level 1

Hey, Steve, heck of an idea if the trial of 14 let's me burn a disc. Will

try. Thanks for that tip! Larry

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem
                      Wordchipper Level 1

Steve...first of all, trying to find that string "Program Data" etc. to the correct file is extremely challenging. Although I've used a number of computers since 1987 and can fix a lot of things, I can't follow that string.

Second: I know an ISO file is a disc image file I understand what you're suggesting I try. However, how do you find an ISO option on the "publish share" menu?  Do you MEAN the option that says "burn to computer?" That seems like it would be a lighter file than a true ISO? No? Where's the ISO option?

Once I get to that point I'll try the ImgBurn. I shouldn't have to do any of this with Adobe and Windows 10, however, I have learned the program and don't want to ditch it.

Something new popped up..when I loaded the program and was ready to try finding that ISO option, I did get the screen that said "you haven't created a menu."  This was new in this process. Mean anything?

Next stop after I try the ImgBurn suggestion, is to download the trial of 14. I have little faith that will work but I'll try. This is consuming lots of time and am I the ONLY person with this problem with 13 and Windows 10?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!  Much appreciated...and I will note it if we ever get to a solution.  - Larry

t

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem
                        Wordchipper Level 1

Just learned something: I can't select an ISO folder to burn to because Premiere Elements 13 will not let me GET to that menu. The other publish share menus I can get to...but when I select Burn to DVD I get endless cycles...won't open that menu where I select the DVD burn to folder choice....just learned that.

Larry

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem
                          Wordchipper Level 1

Well, Steve, I tried going to the burn menu in 14..downloaded trial as you suggested. Still won't let me get to the Burn CD menu so I can choose a folder to save an image. Nothing but "cycles" going 'round and 'round.

So I uninstalled 14. BTW...what is Adobe Application manager...there's a shortcut implanted on my desktop and when I click it says I need "administrator" rights...this is MY PC and I have the only user. What does this mean...how do I uninstall it? Or is it a web shortcut?

It looks like I will have to give up my association with Premiere Elements and find some other video editing program. I have spent gobs of time on this and Adobe is no help.  Thanks for trying...any other ideas...or, again, am I the only one on the planet with this problem?

Larry

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 10 problem

Well, I still say you can just output ISO files to your hard drive from the program and then use a program like ImgBurn to burn your discs from the ISO.

But if this is a deal breaker for you, it's a deal breaker. I hope you find a program that meets all your needs.