10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2016 7:01 AM by jayleew

Windows Store Rejects default Images built with Phonegap Build

jayleew

Recently this year, Microsoft has updated their policies.  Phonegap Build has updated their servers to including CLI 6.1+, which now opens up options for config.xml for different Windows processor architectures, as well as OS versions.  Now, there is an issue I have somewhere in the process.  The problem is a failure in branding test:

There are a few images that are complied into the resulting .appx file output from Phonegap Build.  The images in question are default cordova images placed in root\images folder of the .appx file.  No matter what configurations I place in my config.xml, these images are not replaced, so the .appx continues to fail submission.  I have tried these settings:

Here is the app structure:

As you can see, I have tried placing in different locations.  I have updated the config.xml each time.  I have tried these different config.xml permutations:

<icon src="icons/windows/StoreLogo.scale-100.png" width="50" height="50" />

<icon src=www/icons/windows/StoreLogo.scale-100.png" width="50" height="50" />

<icon src="res/icon/windows/StoreLogo.scale-100.png" width="50" height="50" />

<icon src="www/icons/windows/StoreLogo.scale-100.png" target="StoreLogo" />

At a minimum if Phonegap Build did not generate these files, the app would pass.  Take not that I have a default icon and splash screen set.  These settings in particular for my defaults were not changed from the build that passed (a few months ago) before PGB updated their build servers for Windows 10 support.  The resulting app generated at that time had the correct icon and splash screen for all platforms.

How can I configure PGB to create an app that will pass Microsoft's requirements or remove the .png files in the .appx archive, under \images which are the cordova default images Microsoft doesn't like.