2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 3:33 AM by Roei Tzoref

Freeze frame/pen tool issue in Ae CS6

CousinVern

Can't figure out why I am all of a sudden having this problem. I didn't before. Sending both YouTube links.  I am using Windows 7 64bit and Ae CS6.

freeze frame fail2 - YouTube

This top link is the problem I'm having now.  The link below is when it was working correctly.

Freeze Frame and motion tracking sample - YouTube

Any insight will be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Freeze frame/pen tool issue in Ae CS6
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Have you actually checked the time-remapping values? Because that's basically what the Freeze Frame function does - it just pins a given value as a TR keyframe.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Freeze frame/pen tool issue in Ae CS6
            Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

it appears that the first layer is in freeze. there is a mask on the layer to a different point in time. that's what is shown in the screen capture.

usually users spend some time describing what is wrong, but don't send a screenshot or video capture. you did the opposite . what EXACTLY is wrong here? what specific steps did you take and what happened ? what did you think was going to happen? recreate the steps you made and we know how to help you.

if I had to guess, you followed a recipe for a tutorial but did not follow the steps exactly, and your knowledge in the software is not so great so any wrong turn you make leaves you in a mess. working intuitively in Ae can get you somewhere but more often it will get you nowhere. read through here:

Time-stretching and time-remapping in After Effects