2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 10:38 AM by Kingdome

question about a specific transition. Video link included

Kingdome

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how the beginning transition was created in the video link below:

https://vimeo.com/173405377

I was thinking some kind of Fractal noise and then some Threshold for the animation, but I'm having a difficult time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Joshua

• 1. Re: question about a specific transition. Video link included
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I was thinking some kind of Fractal noise and then some Threshold for the animation

Not really. Most of this stuff in the video is quite apparently a combination of distortion effects and masking. If you e.g. apply a Turbulent Displace effect to something and overcrank the values, it will create those blobby puddles you see in many places throughout the video. Conversely, effects like Bulge or CC Split placed in corners and their values animated will make it look like a table clothe being pulled off from these corners. The list goes on and when you add more tools like e.g. shape layers with the Pucker & Bloat modifier plus some masking works, the possibilities become endless. It may just sometimes require an indirect approach where you use the result of your distortion as a matte rather than directly on the layer and that, by all means could of course mean that it also involves some sort of Fractal Noise to generate for instance those random puddles I was talking about.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: question about a specific transition. Video link included
            Kingdome Level 1

Mylenium,

Thanks so much for your reply and your suggestions!

Joshua