6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2006 2:52 PM by shyaway

Loading swfs to library

schleper
      What i need to do is pre-load 8 swfs, and place them on stage dynamically. Any ideas? I have run into this problem before and haven't found an answer. The only possible solution I've come up with is to use a dynamic library, but I have to imagine there is a better way. Maybe some way to load directly into the library.
      Any help is very much appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Loading swfs to library
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can't load anything into the library during run-time. you can preload swfs and display them on-stage whenever they're needed, but shortly after they've completed loading they will be instantiated.
          • 2. Re: Loading swfs to library
            schleper Level 1
            So what would one do if they wanted to hold on to a number of clips untill they are needed? Do you have to hack out something using containers with visible = false? Or could you use shared librarys? Etc............
            • 3. Re: Loading swfs to library
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              if you can edit the external files, just insert an empty first frame and attach a stop(). then when you want to display the external file after loading you can just need to direct the target movieclip to goto frame 2.
              • 4. Re: Loading swfs to library
                Level 7
                You also can load them to blank MovieClips off stage and then at the right
                moment move them into view. Generally the right side of the stage is the
                best place since they expand right and down in the blank MovieClip.

--
                Lon Hosford
                www.lonhosford.com
                May many happy bits flow your way!
                "kglad" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:e2s35h$3ih$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                if you can edit the external files, just insert an empty first frame and
                attach
                a stop(). then when you want to display the external file after loading you
                can just need to direct the target movieclip to goto frame 2.

• 5. Re: Loading swfs to library
                  schleper Level 1
                  What about using an external library? Would placing all the movs in external librarys give me more options? The movs are going a few levels down under a mask, and I would hate to have all tha on stage the whole time. OR if that won't work could one load them off stage, and then do a duplicateMovie() (if that's right), and place them when and where they are needed?
                  • 6. Re: Loading swfs to library
                    shyaway Level 1
                    you don't need the symbol on stage all the time, you can use 1 single "container" and load them 1 at a time into that. they reside in the cache the next time you load it.