9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 7:58 AM by GareBare

PDF export problems - InDesign

scaid02

Hi,

I'm having problems when exporting PDFs using my presets in inDesign. I am trying to export low res pdfs (150dpi) and it generates a large PDF (about 11MB). In comparison the high res PDF (300dpi, crop/bleed marks) I generate is around 6.5MB, so there is definitely something wrong. At first it seemed to be an issue with the linked TIFF i had in the document so I copied the flat layer from the TIFF to a new TIFF and that seemed to fix the issue, however it is happening again with a completely different document.

I have tried resetting the preferences in both InDesign & Photoshop, and also uninstalling & reinstalling InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator from CC but it hasn't had any effect. I have also tried doing the same export with the 2014 version of InDesign CC and the same thing is occurring. I have also deleted the PDF presets and set up a new one but that hasn't worked either.

I am working on a Mac OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.5, latest version of CC 2015.5, the issue seems to have started when i updated to this version.

Any help would be appreciated!
      ThanksSandra