2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2006 5:53 AM by jugdish1

Problems running FLV files

MEBConsult
      I am having some problems getting an FLV file to run on my Windows 2003 Server. The file was created with a 3rd party software that creates all the appropriate files and condenses the files to be played via the web. I found the Tech Note ( http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19439) and made the changes to the MIME settings. I still cannot get the file to play properly. It works perfectly on my desktop, so there has to be something on the Server that is not set right. Is there any other items that I missing? Thanks in advance.

Mark
        • 1. Re: Problems running FLV files
          Level 7
          >>I am having some problems getting an FLV file to run on my Windows 2003
          >>Server.
          >> I still cannot get the file to play properly.

I think you need to be specific as to what those comments mean. What are
          problems? What means "properly"?

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "MEBConsult" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e305v3$g68$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          I am having some problems getting an FLV file to run on my Windows 2003
          Server.
          The file was created with a 3rd party software that creates all the
          appropriate files and condenses the files to be played via the web. I found
          the Tech Note (
          http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19439) and
          made
          the changes to the MIME settings. I still cannot get the file to play
          properly. It works perfectly on my desktop, so there has to be something on
          the Server that is not set right. Is there any other items that I missing?
          Thanks in advance.

Mark

• 2. Re: Problems running FLV files
            jugdish1
            Hey Motion Maker! I am having the very same issue with FLV files and Windows 2003 / IIS 6. I too followed the tech tip but no joy! I created a synchronized SWF that contains the FLV movie. The SWF works just fine and the FLV shows the first frame of each index point but will not play as a movie. Also note that the FLV looks dark and faint as if it is just barely there. Any one else having this problem? Naj najrellim@hotmail.com