5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 4:17 PM by Roei Tzoref

AE CS6: CC Light Sweep

jrakman

Hello,

So I have lightsweep applied to a red .jpg.  I want a blue color for the light sweep.

But since the effect is on top of a red .jpg, the blue color of the light sweep mixes with the red underneath to create a kind of purple.

I can't seem to get a true blue light sweep on top of this red .jpg.

Anyone have any solutions for this?

Thanks in advance to any help anyone can give.

-Jayson

• 1. Re: AE CS6: CC Light Sweep
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Play around with all the effect settings.  You may end up using some off-the-wall color, or messing with the intensity... who knows.

• 2. Re: AE CS6: CC Light Sweep
            Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

I think that since you are playing with light then blue + red = magenta

so what your asking can give a quite limited result. you can't get true blue on true red in an additive (light) mode. but with a bit playing around, you can get cyan (255 blue, 255 green)  in a quite additive looking mode like this

or even like this

but I think that as flexible as you are going to get. the more blue it get's the less it looks like actual light. maybe one of our scholars could pitch in...

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: AE CS6: CC Light Sweep
              jrakman Level 1

Okay.  I played around with settings but couldn't seem to achieve what Roei has there in his top image.

I found though that by recreating what he posted, that I needed to adjust the sweep intensity, but more importantly, I needed to change the Light Reception from Add to Composite.

Thanks Roei!

• 4. Re: AE CS6: CC Light Sweep
                jrakman Level 1

As an aside, I kind of wish Light Sweep had its own internal full blending mode menu.

• 5. Re: AE CS6: CC Light Sweep
                  Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Glad the screenshots helped!. if you want the full blending mode options you can set the light sweep on another solid and set the effect to "Cutout" and you will get this

now you can choose any blend mode you want in the layer switches (don't get too excited.. not too many pretty results )