3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 11:12 AM by oksamurai

Dragger behavior in take groups - How edit the blend time for all takes?

deciog72409011

Ok.
      Preview 4 now records each draggable handle as a separate take, and that's great.
      But how can I group this takes to edit de blend for all those takes at the same time.

I notice is possible to select two or more takes and trim this takes at the same time, but this trick dosen't work wen I need to adjust blend for all the select takes.
      Can I group all these takes in a composition?

In this image a have all takes selected, try to trim all the takes and thats ok. But I can't adjust the blend time for all takes at the same time.
      00001.jpg

Other issue: When we have a lot of tracks in timeline, is very useful to click on that little triangle and hide all the takes in that parameter and reduce the amount of tracks in timeline. I can't do this with the dragger's track.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Dragger behavior in take groups - How edit the blend time for all takes?
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

Yes, currently you can only blend one at a time manually by dragging. However, you can select them all and go to Timeline > Blend Take, and pick an option there to be applied to all your selections. It will be for a small default amount, but it should help.

That's a good point about collapsing draggables - and wow, you have a lot of draggables! Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2. Re: Dragger behavior in take groups - How edit the blend time for all takes?
            deciog72409011 Level 1

Hi Dave.

Thank's for the fast reply.

I'm huge fan of Character Animator and I watched all your videos and tutorials.

I live in Brasil and i'm working in a project called "De Criança Para Criança" (From Child to Child).

The ideia is to use real kid's drawings and voices - and even stories - and turn in a animated short movie.

The CA allows me even more.

Now I can put a children in front of a webcam and let the kids make part of the job, moving heads, blinking, talking and even moving the mouse in some ocasions to control character's arms, tails, legs and do some weird and funny dance.

Because the CA is so easy, intuitive and simple, the possibilities are endless and we can realy bring the kids to make part of the animation process.

And all this in a more organic and fluid way than the conventional animation made in After Effects.

I know even more great things will come, because right now I can't stop to think about how the Live Animation in Preview 4 can help to teach kids using a virtual cartoon teacher.

I don't know if this message is offtopic - and I'm sorry about this - but I could not miss the chance to thank you guys from the Character Animator team.

• 3. Re: Dragger behavior in take groups - How edit the blend time for all takes?
              oksamurai Employee Moderator

Awesome to hear! Not off topic at all - always happy and motivating to learn about how CH is being used out in the world. Congrats and best wishes for continued success.