2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 11:32 PM by konrad79

[PE14]: Auto close gaps on trim or delete

konrad79 Level 1

Hi,

I'm using PE14 under Windows 10.

Since today, the gap between two clips in the expert view doesn't close automatically anymore - if I delete a clip or trim a clip from left or right.

I'm quite sure, that this was the behavior of PE for years - so, how can I re-enable this?

Konrad

• 1. Re: [PE14]: Auto close gaps on trim or delete
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's not possible to turn off auto ripple in Premiere Elements, so the timeline still behaves the same as ever, Konrad.

How are you deleting a clip? Are you using a keyboard shortcut or right-clicking and selecting a Delete option?

Is there video or audio on any other track? Remember that removing the video will not leave a true gap in the timeline unless there is no other video or audio filling the gap on a parallel track.

Finally note that in version 14 deleting will only fill the gap on Video 1/Audio 1. Removing video from an upper track may not trigger a ripple.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: [PE14]: Auto close gaps on trim or delete
            konrad79 Level 1

Hi Steve,

thank you for your help - the last point nailed it exactly: Didn't know, that there is a difference between Video1/2/3/... It was pure coincidence, that I used Video1 all the years (and randomly dragged the videos on Video2 this week) :-)

Konrad