3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2016 5:03 AM by Benjamin Root

Tap & Hold Pen Right-Click

Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I recently was lent a Wacom Intuos Pen Small (CTL-480) to try out. This is my first time using a pen tablet, so please excuse my ignorance.

I have the Pen settings set so the tap and hold (long hold, I've heard it called) will right-click. Everything had been working great, until I discovered that doesn't work in Lightroom.   Is there any way I can make this work?

Windows 10 x64, Lr CC 2015.5.1

• 1. Re: Tap & Hold Pen Right-Click
          Theresa J Adobe Community Professional

That is an interesting question. I'm guessing that it doesn't work because LR doesn't recognize pressure sensitivit. That's just a guess though. I have the top of the rocker bar set for a right click. That does work in LR.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tap & Hold Pen Right-Click
            BKKDon Level 4

Benjamin Root wrote:

I recently was lent a Wacom Intuos Pen Small (CTL-480) to try out. This is my first time using a pen tablet, so please excuse my ignorance.

I have the Pen settings set so the tap and hold (long hold, I've heard it called) will right-click. Everything had been working great, until I discovered that doesn't work in Lightroom. Is there any way I can make this work?

Windows 10 x64, Lr CC 2015.5.1

Those settings are the Windows Default settings via the Control Panel and refer to items on the screen ... i.e. to support icons, pop-up menus, pop-up dialogs etc. through the operating system.

Settings for the actual pen need to be made through the Wacom Tablet Properties application where click is the only option for the pen tip apart

Most applications either implement pressure sensitivity, such as in drawing, and other applications such as word processors and some others implement menu pop-ups and dialog actions.

To use right-click in lightroom you will need to assign a button as Theresa J said.

• 3. Re: Tap & Hold Pen Right-Click
              Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Thank you both. That makes sense. I do have the top rocker set to right click, so I will continue to use that for Lightroom. For me, the top rocker is not quite as effective due to a physical limitation, but I will make it work or simply grab the mouse for work in Lr.

Thank you again