2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 3:46 AM by JanetteFPl

Nik Collection and viewing the amended copy of image. Virtual copy - where is it?

JanetteFPl

Once I have reduce the noise in an image using Nik Colllection Define 2 and save, I am taken back into Lightroom. However, I do not see a copy of the image I worked on - I still only see one image and that is the original image prior to exporting it to Nik Define 2.

In addition, I note that I do not see any virtual copies as I used to once I had created one,  in the film strip. Yet, when I save a virtual copy, I receive the message saying 'Virtual copy 2" created . If I repeat the process of creating another virtual copy I receive the message saying 'Virtual copy 3" created .

I have two questions.

1. How can I see the amended image in the film strip that I applied Define 2 to?

2. How can I see the virtual images in the film strip ?

I must have altered a setting somewhere...Can someone please offer advice? 

• 1. Re: Nik Collection and viewing the amended copy of image. Virtual copy - where is it?
          Abambo Adobe Community Professional

Let's start at the beginning:

When you call Nik programs inside of LR, you create a TIFF file with or without the LR adjustments, then the Nik tool is created. When saving you save to this file. This file is part of your LR database.

By creating a VC, you create a VC in the current folder, that is seen from inside LR, but not outside. But it is bart of the LR database.

What I'm suspecting is, that you are working from inside a collection and especially the latest imports collection. I would suggest pointing a picture with the mouse right button and using the "go to LR folder" (out of memory!). There you should find all your files. The (Nik) TIFF files should also be available from the OS (either Finder or Explore).

The other possibility is, that you have applied a filter, to see only certain pictures, and that your VC files and your Nik files do get hidden by the filter.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Nik Collection and viewing the amended copy of image. Virtual copy - where is it?
            JanetteFPl Level 1

Thanks for supplying your answer Feieerwoon.  So helpful!