2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2016 6:42 AM by gquittner

Permission Issues

gquittner

Using LR 6.6.1.  When opening Lightroom getting an error message "Lightroom encountered user permission issues".  System will not self correct.

When I open the Library in finder I cannot find any of these file to adjust permissions.  All my Adobe and Lightroom files have read-write privileges.

How do I fix this?   Is it a new version problem?

• /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/
      • /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/
      • /Users/[user name]/Library/Caches/Adobe/
      • /Users/[user name]/Documents/Adobe/

Do the following:

1. Open the user Library folder. To do so, press Option and choose Go > Library in the Finder.

1. Change the permission on these folders and all items within these folders to Read & Write. To perform the permission changes, refer to the topics Assign permissions to users and groupsand Apply permissions to all items in a folder or a disk in the Apple article Set permissions for items on your Mac.
        • 1. Re: Permission Issues
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Follow the direction in the Apple article you linked to. The Sharing and permissions section of Get Info is at the bottom so you might have to scroll down to see it and you might have to expand it. The Lock icon you have to click is at the very bottom of the Get info window.

OS X Permissions.png

• 2. Re: Permission Issues
            gquittner Level 1

Thanks for replying. Everything had rewrite permissions. I reloaded v6 and did not get an error message. Then I upgraded  and the message came back again. So I reloaded v6 and left it that way. I tried to leave this info for Adobe but their site is impossible to navigate. I might put it on the forum for others to see.

Sent from my iPhone