3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2016 8:51 AM by Nancy OShea

First web page. . .

barzzeb49197134 Level 1

How do I publish my website in Dreamweaver cs6?

• 1. Re: First web page. . .
          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you have commercial web hosting yet?  You'll need to purchase a domain name & a public web server space first.   When you procure your web space, your hosting company will email you the necessary FTP log-in credentials for your server.  You will need this information to add to your site definition in DW. 

Go to Site > New Site or Manage Sites.  See screenshots.

DW-CS6-LocalSiteFolderDef.jpg

Servers:  Root Directory varies by web host.  It might be htdocs/ or public_html/ or www/ etc...  If unsure what to use here, check with your web host. CS6-remote-site-root-folder.jpg

Hit the TEST button to confirm connection.  If all goes well, you're ready to upload files to your server.  Go to the Files Panel.  Select files from Local View and hit the UP arrow to upload files to server.

CS6-FilesPanel.jpg

Nancy O.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: First web page. . .
            barzzeb49197134 Level 1

Is it easy to publish a web site and is godaddy a host?

• 3. Re: First web page. . .
              Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Building your first web site is the hard part.  Uploading it to your server is easy if you have set things up correctly.

GoDaddy is a hosting company but it's not my favorite for web hosting.   Look at InMotion, Dreamhost, Bluehost, HostGator, HostMonster.  All of these are reputable with good uptime & 24/7 tech support.

The Best Web Hosting Services of 2016 | PCMag.com

Nancy O.

1 person found this helpful