8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2017 9:19 AM by PentaxPatty
      • 1. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
        Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Going to need a lot more info on your situation. Like OS, version of LR and what exactly happens when you try to either import or export images.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
          sandyg34279745 Level 1

I have Lightroom 5.7 on my PC using Windows 10 which I have had since February and it has worked perfectly until now.

When I try to export the photo it says "The destination for photo (#) would replace the existing photo".  Followed by these option boxes:  Safe as, Show in Library or OK.  At the top of this it says "Some export operations were not performed".

1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
            Alfred Pennyworth Level 4

It means as it reads, the name you have given the photos to export already exist in the export location, so you need to give them another name etc. Check  the location and see what is already there.

You do not say what happens when you try import in your reply?

1 person found this helpful
            • 4. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It would seem that you are attempting to export the same images again. If you are trying to export them to the same folder then that is why you are receiving the message. If you really must export those images a second time, perhaps you could consider creating a sub folder for the second export.

• 5. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
                sandyg34279745 Level 1

I just took 7 new photos.  Today it would let me "import" them as I usually do.  Yesterday, it could not import.

I exported the photos from LR only one time, as usual, and got the same message about the destination for the photo would replace the existing photo.  I clicked OK but nothing happened.  I still have the originals and do not have the enhanced photos.

In the past, it would send the enhanced photo to my original folder in my PICTURES on the PC but the enhanced would have the same number plus (1).  Meaning that now I should have the original plus the enhanced photo beside it.

On the LR program in the upper right corner it says "Photos that failed to export" and if I click on it there are all my photos still in LR but not in my folder.

Yesterday, I tried to send them to a different named sub-folder.  That did not work either.  Frustrating.

Thank you for your input.  If you can think of anything else I should try, please let me know.

I would look into getting LR online, but we only have 2 or 3 mg internet (very poor) and I cannot even get the trial to download.

Should I consider ordering LR 6?

Should I remove and reload my current LR 5?

• 6. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
                  Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Actually the error message means that you are trying to overwrite the original images that are in Lightroom. Lightroom will refuse to do that as you experienced here as it would leave the images inside Lightroom in an inconsistent state. You need to simply select a different export location than where your original images are.

Note that this is inherent to how Lightroom operates. It is not a traditional image editor and you shouldn't treat it that way and try to overwrite your originals like you might do with Photoshop. When you want a file that reflects your edits, you export them to a new location and use them and discard them when you are done with them. You keep the originals untouched and Lightroom will store the editing sequence for you so you can always go back on your edits or export new copies in whatever format or size you desire.

• 7. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
                    sandyg34279745 Level 1

Thank you everyone that responded to my LR question.

I feel that I have the problem fixed at the moment.

My concern was that it had worked one way for 18 months or more and suddenly did not work that way any longer.

• 8. Re: Lightroom 5 will not import or export photos.  Need solution?????
                      PentaxPatty

I just read your reply,  I too have had lots of problems since I bought a new lap top running windows 10. The photos go into a folder on the hard drive, some with a copy some with my watermark, others just stay as a DNG file, very frustrating.

I have tried everything, using a new name for the photo, moving them from the hard drive into a file etc.