2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2016 9:51 AM by tomk89224473

Music in slideshow

tomk89224473 Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to put music in slideshow.  I've watched JK's video which is pretty good,

I'm able to import music into the slideshow module with no problem.

Here's what i'm looking to do;

I'm making a slideshow of about 200 photos on Nova Scotia, and much of the middle of the show, say 50 slides, will be of different scenery.

These slides I would like to put to music.

How do I do that?

Do I have a Nova Scotia 'collection' and then under it put the 50 slides i want to music under it and call it nova scotia music or something like that?

And if so, can I then incorporate those slides into the show seamlessly? 

I have a good idea for LR, and here it is, for FREE.  If you want to put music to a slideshow you should have somewhere in the slideshow module :

where do you want the music to play: From Slides 75-124   Good idea?

Thanks to all

Tom

• 1. Re: Music in slideshow
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm making a slideshow of about 200 photos on Nova Scotia, and much of the middle of the show, say 50 slides, will be of different scenery.

These slides I would like to put to music.

How do I do that?

This can't be done easily in Lightroom. You could hack it if you have a sound editor by inserting the correct amount of silence before the start of your 50 slides. Alternatively, you could use Premiere, Audition, iMovie, or equivalent and export a silent slideshow from Lightroom as a 1080p H264 file and position your music to coincide with the 75th slide and fade out at slide 124. Wouldn't be hard but you have to have the right software.

I have a good idea for LR, and here it is, for FREE.  If you want to put music to a slideshow you should have somewhere in the slideshow module :

where do you want the music to play: From Slides 75-124   Good idea?

If you have a good idea for Lightroom, the best thing to do is to enter it on http://feedback.photoshop.com Your logon for this forum will work there too. That is where the Adobe engineers look for good ideas and bug reports. Not so much on this forum which is a user-to-user forum.

• 2. Re: Music in slideshow
            tomk89224473 Level 1

Thank you Jao,

Looks like it's not easy---after that I didn't understand any of your response. Im 70 years old and technically retarded (and proud of it) so all the other stuff you mention is foreign to me. But thanks again. You would think LR would find an easy fix for it, and I will send them a note in the feedback section you suggest.

Thanks

Tom