3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 11:09 AM by Szalam

Error 146 while updating to After Effects 2015.3

clauderozsa Level 1

Good morning,

I'm updating my AE2015.3 under Windows10 family edition andI get the following error message (see picture)

I have searched in my system drive for the diretory and file concerned but obviously it doesn't exist! What shoukld I do.

I still want to keep my AE 2014 version (13.2.0.49) as I have an ongoing project that I don't want to transfer in the new version.

I"m using in this case my Laptop. The same updates were installed without problem on my pc under windows 7 ultimate

screenshot_Sun_Aug_07_18.37.18.png

Thanks in advance for your help

Claude

• 1. Re: Error 146 while updating to After Effects 2015.3
          kulpreet singh Adobe Employee

Hi Clauderozsa,

Please follow these troubleshooting steps:

Resolve Error Code 146 encountered while installing Creative Cloud desktop apps...

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

• 2. Re: Error 146 while updating to After Effects 2015.3
            clauderozsa Level 1

Thanks;

I'll try the method proposed although I don't understand why my updates were done without any problems for the other elements of Cloud ie. Photoshop,Premiere Pro, Mediaencoder, Audition and others both on version 2014 and 2015! To be obliged to expose one's computer to viruses and other attacks even temporarily doesn't make sense

By the way could you look into the fact that I'm still constantly annoyed by monitoring of my questions and replies on any forum here although I've been using them for more than 2 years. I've already put the problem to Kevin and for a few months it was settled but again the same problem happens. The excuse of an automatic system is not acceptable and I do consider this attitude as insulting for a foreigner and customer.

best
            Claude

• 3. Re: Error 146 while updating to After Effects 2015.3
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

clauderozsa wrote:

By the way could you look into the fact that I'm still constantly annoyed by monitoring of my questions and replies on any forum here although I've been using them for more than 2 years. I've already put the problem to Kevin and for a few months it was settled but again the same problem happens.

I know it's frustrating! It's an issue with the Jive software that runs the forums. The issue was happening with some of the forum MVP's and ACP's too! Some people just get automatically sent to moderation - it seems somewhat random. It was fixed for many of the forum regulars, but some things got reset when they upgraded to a newer version of Jive recently which would explain why the problem was solved for you for a while but then came back. Ping Kevin again and he should be able to get you back on track.