2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 10:42 AM by Szalam

AE CC 2015.3 can't continue

erickg32261751

Hi...

I'm receiving this message when I try to start the AE CC 2015.3 on a OS X Yosemite.

After Effects can’t continue: Error while accessing the preference files inside “/Users/erickgrigorovski/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.8”, please verify the file permissions and try again.

I followed the instructions to change permissions on the Library/preferences/adobe folder... but the error is still happening.

What can I try now?

Thanks

• 1. Re: AE CC 2015.3 can't continue
          ericr29613368

I'm getting same issue.  It has been going on ever since i updated to CC 2015.3, the week before last.  I get <8080>, <8444>...Bee_WorkQueue cannot produce time stamp frozen 0, open=0.  Can't continue on next error screen.

Adobe:  what's going on? I see a lot of people having same issue.  How do I fix it?  have deadline tomorrow.

• 2. Re: AE CC 2015.3 can't continue
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

erickg32261751 wrote:

I'm receiving this message when I try to start the AE CC 2015.3 on a OS X Yosemite.

After Effects can’t continue: Error while accessing the preference files inside “/Users/erickgrigorovski/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.8”, please verify the file permissions and try again.

I followed the instructions to change permissions on the Library/preferences/adobe folder... but the error is still happening.

What can I try now?

There's may be a folder buried deep in there that still has the wrong permissions. Move that whole Adobe folder out of your preferences folder and onto your desktop (or somewhere like that). The next time you launch your Adobe software, it should rebuild it with correct permissions.