6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 3:31 PM by Peru Bob

Editing existing information

mannyp60258955

Hi,

Someone sent me a file with their logo and text information. They said it easy to remove their logo and insert mines and edit the text. I'm having problems doing this. Can someone help me.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Editing existing information
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

do you mean a video file? is this a project file? are we even talking about after effects? please share more information so we can help you. OS, Ae version and screenshots.

• 2. Re: Editing existing information
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It sounds like you have an AE template or project. You will need to find their logo and replace it with yours. If it's a well-built template, this should be fairly easy to do with some basic knowledge of working in AE.

• 3. Re: Editing existing information
              mannyp60258955 Level 1

Yeah, it's for after effects a video intro. When they sent me the file....they said it was easy to use edit the text.

• 4. Re: Editing existing information
                Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

please be specific and forthcoming with answering the questions:

1. What is this file?

2. What is the problem?

3. Do you have any experience in the software?

4. Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?

• 5. Re: Editing existing information
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

mannyp60258955 wrote:

Yeah, it's for after effects a video intro. When they sent me the file....they said it was easy to use edit the text.

It is probably very easy to change those parts...if you know how to use After Effects...

However, without us seeing even a screen shot of your project panel, it's going to be really difficult to say.

My guess is that there are some precomps containing the logo and text parts that you need to go into to change things.

• 6. Re: Editing existing information
                    Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select and edit text in text layers

You can edit text in text layers at any time. If you set the text to follow a path, designate it as a 3D layer, transform it, or animate it, you can still continue to edit it. Before you can edit text, you must select it.

To disable the Path Options property group for a text layer, click the visibility (eyeball) switch for the Path Options property group. Temporarily disabling the Path Options property group can make editing and formatting text easier.

The pointer for a type tool changes, depending on whether it is over a text layer in the Composition panel. When the pointer for a type tool is directly over a text layer, it appears as the edit text pointer ; click to place the insertion point in the existing text.

• To select text with a type tool, do one of the following:

• To select a range of text, drag over the text.
                      • To select a range of text, click, move the pointer, and then Shift-click.
                      • To select a word, double-click it. To select a line, triple-click it. To select a paragraph, quadruple-click it. To select all text in a layer, quintuple-click anywhere in the text.
                      • To use the arrow keys to select text, hold down Shift and press the Right Arrow or Left Arrow key. To use the arrow keys to select words, hold down Shift+Ctrl (Windows) or Shift+Command (Mac OS) and press the Right Arrow or Left Arrow key.

To select all text in a text layer and activate the most recently used type tool, double-click the text layer in the Timeline panel.

from here:

Creating and editing text layers in After Effects