3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 3:36 AM by Mohit Goyal

CS4 Serial Number Problem

richardg79963147

Please refer to case #0188067360

• 1. Re: CS4 Serial Number Problem
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

We can't. This forum is made up of users such as yourself and we have no access to the case numbers. With the exception of Staff members, we also cannot issue or activate serial numbers.

Perhaps there is something we can do, but you will have to tell us what the problem is.

• 2. Re: CS4 Serial Number Problem
            richardg79963147 Level 1

I am so sorry. I was told to reply and reference the case number or my case would be closed. I found where to reply to eventually. I have never used forums before and had no idea what I was doing.

just incseWhat happened is I was using the latest web based Indesign along with my CS4 apps together with no problem.

I was editing a document in indesign, went for a sub menu to launch photoshop. and an error message came up saying the Serial number for photoshop is not valid, and I have a valid serial number.

Thank God everything else is still working in CS4 and I have only lost Photoshop. But I will never, ever, ever open up another program via the Indesign submenu again.

Adobe is saying my serial is still active, but my photoshop believes it is not.

I reinstalled Photoshop and it did not help. I am frightened of reinstalling the entire CS4 to fix this problem just to find I am locked out of all my applications.

One rep told me unless I was running Mac Operating system 10.5 it is my problem, not Adobe's even though it was the installation and operation of the latest Indesign that caused the conflict with the serial code.

I have 28 days left on my trial to resolve this issue.

I am happy there are alternatives to Photoshop on the market right now, but I am not quite ready to throw in the towel just yet.

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 6.48.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-08 at 6.58.39 PM.png

• 3. Re: CS4 Serial Number Problem
              Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Mohit

1 person found this helpful