• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last update Photoshop CC won't install Errors 160 and 184

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It downloads all the way and then says the Installation failed.

At first I thought it was because I just upgraded to Windows 10. Went back to 7 and Photoshop still won't install. Uninstalled photoshop and Creative Cloud, reinstalled Creative Cloud, Photoshop won't install. I've been going through the motions of trouble shooting and checking forums but any time I do something suggested to fix one thing, it just says the other.

The 160 Error gives this text when I click for more information (this was the last one I attempted, I don't have the other message):

Exit Code: 160

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 160) executing in command 'SetRegistryValueCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.1.159

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.1.159). Error code: '160'

WARN: target folder 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Required\PDF\Settings' does not exist, treating package 'AdobePhotoshop17-en_US_x64' as uninstalled

WARN: Error Setting Registry - Start 64-bit:1 root:2 key:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe name:Default type:REG_SZ data:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Photoshop.exe. Check for Registry permissions. (Error: Error 5 Access is denied.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including the cc desktop app, Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that multiple times. Creative Cloud will reinstall but Photoshop will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error when I try to install update.  I wonder if it is the version of windows.  This computer has version 7 premier and is getting the error while my laptop which is version 8.1 updated correctly.  I have been using this on both computer for over a year and never had this problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting requests to update Photoshop CC on my Windows 10 machine from Creative Cloud and every time I get a message about " unable to write the registry value" and the explanation talks about error 160.

Strange thing is Photoshop tells ne I have the latest version 2015.5.1 so why is it trying to update?

Worked fine on my iMac and it shows the same version number 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As kglad has adviced

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html​

These guys have did some magic with registry permissions (in my case ownership of the computer has been moved to the wrong account) and applied Full Control to Everyone permission and it worked. Connect with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

the Problem is in the registry. Not correct set Permissions.

If you are using Win 7, SP 1, you might do the following:

Open registry

Browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe

May be you want to save it first....

Make a rightclick on Photoshop.exe

Permissions

Add the current User your are logged in and grant him all permissions you can grant. May also check on extended permission and make sure.

You then should be able to install the upgrade.

Thats what the support just did with my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you philippm.

Based on your information I managed to fix this problem on my Windows 10 PC. Here is what I changed:

(These instructions are for people who know what they are doing with registry editing. Follow at your own risk!)

1. Open the RegEdit tool.
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe
  3. Right click on the Photoshop.exe FOLDER icon in the tree, and select 'Permissions' from the popup menu.
  4. My permissions showed that 'Everyone' only had read permission. When I tried to change this to 'Full Control' and clicked apply I got told 'permission denied'. So I did step 5 below (if you were able to change the permission OK you might not need step 5).
  5. I clicked the 'Advanced' button and at the top of the dialog box which openned, I clicked 'Change' next to the owner. I changed the owner to my Windows username. Now I was able to apply my edit to the permissions.

After following these steps I re-tried the Photoshop update and it succeeded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that and didn't work.. Not sure what I did wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the 'Advanced' button and at the top of the dialog box which openned, I clicked 'Change' next to the owner. I changed the owner to my Windows username. Now I was able to apply my edit to the permissions.

Please make sure that you have administrative permission on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSTOOLS. run psexec.exe -i -s C:\Windows\regedit.exe and use instrcuction Footleg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, this ist the right way and realy easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines