5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2017 10:35 AM by judys31988662

Adobe reader for Nokia Lumia

markw56845133 Level 1

I have adobe installed on a Nokia Lumia phone, (Windows phone). It was downloaded from the Microsoft store and it is the latest version, When you read a document, it comes up with an error, 'A system error was encountered'.

I have uninstalled the application and re-installed it, to the point I have uninstalled it, turned off and turned back on, then re-installed it and when reading the document, same error message.

Also, I have read the document on my pc and there is no error with adobe reader and the file loads in full.

Any ideas please?

• 1. Re: Adobe reader for Nokia Lumia
          meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi markw56845133,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is a known issue and our team is working on it.

Could you please share a PDF with us that you open on mobile application when this error message appears, so we can check it on our end.

Please check your private message inbox for details to send PDF.

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 2. Re: Adobe reader for Nokia Lumia
            dalee33109145

Same issue with my phone. Problem seems to occur with any prompt or manipulation of document. Example swipe screen to turn page pops an error code, expand or reduce text or image pops error messages. Any command or browsing execution in PDF initiates an error message. This device is 8.1 with a build date of Nov 2014. Newer device on 10 with build date of Jun 2016 no issues with PDF is it hdwe specific or OS specific?

• 3. Re: Adobe reader for Nokia Lumia
              rayr99263341

Hello,

I also have Windows on a Nokia Lumia and encounter repeated, ( nearly 15 times !) error messages when I open any PDF.

my version was downloaded from the Microsoft store as well.

help!!

Is there a fix yet??

I wonder if the Windows platform has gone the same route as the 8-track.

• 4. Re: Adobe reader for Nokia Lumia
                meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi rayr99263341,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Our team is still working on this issue. Once we get any information on this we will update you with that.

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 5. Re: Adobe reader for Nokia Lumia
                  judys31988662

.        .                      .    

I just upgraded my Nokia Lumia to Windows 10. I have the same issues as described above but I also have not been able to install ANY new apps.  I get an error message after going through the download. I have been trying to edit this for about 10 minutes.  I couldn't get the cursor to return. It was stuck at the top of the page.  Anyway, thanx for listening and, hopefully, figuring out the fix-it.  Sincerely, Judy Soodyshoe Simmons-Morris