• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2015.4 Memory Leak

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason my project was fine before the update from 2015.3 to 2015.4. Now my memory fills up, on the same project, and eventually crashes after 5-10 minutes into it. I have 32GB and have never had this issue, even on much larger projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

I have a workaround for those experiencing memory issues when opening larger projects that were created in earlier versions and migrated to 2015.4.

I had this issue too with a doc feature project (pretty huge) and figured out the issue happens when Premiere is simultaneously trying to load a large number (thousands) of asset files into the project *and* simultaneously creating peak/media cache files.

So the trick is to force it to tackle those things separately - so I developed this workaround. No

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, it's driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Same behavior as I have already posted > "Not enough memory during import of footage PPro2015.4"

Regards

Rene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I gave the system 6 gb of ram but it still isn't enough. The 'system memory and compressed memory' is using a lot of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all need to file bug reports on this.  Let Adobe know how widespread the issue is.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Premiere is using 31.9 GB of RAM of my 32 GB, and crashes while importing.  I limited the amount of memory to use to 26 GB, then lowered it to 24 GB, and still having the same problem.  This happened when I updtated to CC 2015.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for your issues!

We're trying to find out more information about this issue. Please help me with the following details:

- Does it happen on project started fresh in Premiere Pro 10.4 or upgraded projects from Premiere Pro 10.3?

- Are any Lumetri effects used in the project(s)?

- Is it specific to any file formats? Or 4K resolution?

Try this:

Delete your Media Cache files. Open "Preferences > Audio..." and deselect "Automatic audio waveform generation". Close Premiere Pro, relaunch and see if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on a project started in 10.3. Yes, lumetri is what I use for all my color correction. The lumetri scopes weren't open. There are some 4K h264 clips, mostly 1080p ProRes though. But an update, I rolled back to 10.3 and cleared my media cache. Problem fixed but I'm still in 10.3. Not sure what did it though. I'm afraid to update to 10.4 again until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you go back to 10.3... 10.4 is killing me with no audio..im on a deadline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid I'm on a corporate enterprise license, so I have older versions of the packagers used to deploy the software. Wish I could be of more help, not sure how to do it with CC desktop. It forces you to use the latest from what I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me ages to figure it out as well, but here's how. In your Creative Cloud desktop app, scroll down to the "Find Additional Apps" section, and click on the blue "Previous Version" on the right hand side of that menu. It will open another menu, click the bottom blue "view previous versions". Click that, then next to premiere click the install button and it will give you a dropdown of the different versions. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your CC updater, and click where it says "latest versions". You should get a box below that, on the right side in blue text you can filter your options, at the bottom it should say "view previous versions". Below that you'll have the previous version of the apps. Click on the arrow next to "install" button for premiere and it'll give you a list of available versions.Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 11.47.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the bug fixes you suggested and none are helping.  I have problems with HDV as I an not using 4k.  Problem occurs with both files from earlier versions and new files created in 2015.4.    I use Windows 10 and have never had any problems like this before and now feeling like giving up on Premiere Pro as it is too expensive for an amateur if I can't get it to work when I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having massive issues with this too, and I can confirm it's happening to all my projects. Some more than others. Have never experienced it in the years I used CS6, or the months I used CC2014 - 2015.3. It only seems to be present in the latest release. I've had it happen on projects that use Lumetri and those that don't. Occurs in projects in 1080p and also projects in 4k. Also occurs in projects started fresh in 2015.4 and projects brought over from a previous version.

It was shutting down constantly and mercilessly on a 15 minute 1080p, using Lumetri effects and I lost several hours on a project that had been dormant for a month. It was supposed to be a "go in, make a change and export" job, which would have taken an hour. Instead it took 5 hours of trying to find workarounds and watching failed renders, because it was happening in Media Encoder too (Media Encoder, by the way, has had a lot of frozen renders by the way too)

Since upgrading to Adobe Creative Cloud I've lost productivity due to the whole suite having lagging issues on my workstation (which CS6 never had). But Premiere Pro seems to be one of the biggest and most frustrating offenders. Really, really disappointed. I can downgrade to CS6 for most apps, but Premiere Pro I cannot due to the codecs required for latest cameras and also the need for Lumetri. And to be honest, I shouldn't have to downgrade, I'm paying for the latest and what is supposed to be the most productive software.

Things go wrong, I get it, but I hope things get cleaned up real soon, everything from the major, project breaking bugs to the sluggishness of the suite in general compared to earlier releases.

I'd be super keen to hear a reply just so I know somebody from Adobe has read this.

Cheers,

Running Windows 10 64bit

32GB RAM
Intel 6800k (3.4GHz 6 core)
GeForce 1070 8GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bugeja22,

Sorry for the trouble!

We're aware of this issue and are working on it. For now, the only workaround is to downgrade to an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

A lot of things have changed under the hood since CS6. Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 requires a much powerful computer and hardware setup than Premiere Pro CS6. That said, the specs that you've listed seem sufficient to handle the latest version of Premiere Pro.

Additionally, you can provide feedback to the product team directly here.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded, and was able to get editing again—though not as responsively as I'm used to—but now both media encoder and direct export seem unable to encode an output file.

Tried down grading to 2015.3 version of media encoder.

Tried using a basic Quicktime Photo-JPEG codec.

Tried H264.

Tried both cued and direct export methods.

Media Encoder returns a "FAIL." Error log below.

Premiere moves quickly to the encoding stage, but remains at 0% indefinitely. Is occupying 100% of my processor still after hours. Screenshot below.

What am I supposed to do? Wait more? New OS? Even Older version? How long am I waiting?

I don't need whatever new bells and whistles have been added to CC. I need a video editing program where I can edit video and export it to a video file. If I go back to CS6 then I would lose this month long project, as the timeline would not be backwards compatible correct?

PLEASE ADVISE, rather than thanking me for patience that's now expired (if I ever had any in this situation to begin with).

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 10.41.04 PM.png

- Encoding Time: 00:00:04

09/25/2016 06:45:46 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Unable to create audio renderer.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: /WORKING DOCUMENTS/PROJECTS - CURRENT/Kaia 0-6months - V01/Kaia 0-6months.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:00:00

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing on Pr 2015.2, which is the last reliable release for me.  I have problems Dynamic Linking to its companion version of AME as well.  It just doesn't work.

So, my workaround is to Export my Sequences, using Match Sequence Settings, which goes quickly because my timeline is usually rendered (my Seq Settings are ProResHQ, which is a high quality mastering codec).  I can then take that master over to AME 10.4.0, which works well on my system, and do my encoding of multiple sizes, etc. there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several workarounds for everything, but workarounds are slowing down the workflow and in this past year, it feels to me like Adobe CC is all about those workarounds.

Over a year ago, I could export in 2 clicks a mp4 h.264 from After Effects. Not is takes over 7 and three loading sessions. It takes about 6 minutes to just have the option to begin the export, if ME even decides to not go bonkers.

If Avid or DaVinci where any better, I'd migrate to them, because a year is too long to not fix the fundamental flaws of such a large array of products - and it used to work almost flawlessly for me ever since CS5.5 (With some hiccups here and there, but nothing like this). Adobe make some of the best products out there, I just hope they can take a step back and fix everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have every right to be frustrated.  We pay money, they take it, and we are entitled to working software.

I worked for Avid for a while in the 90s, when NLEs were new to post-production.  What I learned is that NLEs are probably one of the most resource intensive apps that people run on desktops.  They use a computer's audio, video, io, GPU, and CPU resources to the hilt.  They are very complicated.  All those things have to work together.  The reason that Avid stuck to their own configurations for so long was because they could support a limited amount of hardware far better than every possible configuration of boxes, accessories, peripherals, OS, drivers, etc. out there.

I'd dare say that most of the issues people have with Pr are not caused by the Pr app, but rather drivers, etc. from third parties.  I've tracked most of my issues down to conflicts with my Nvidia card and it's manufacturer provided drivers.  My second most frequent source of problems is from corrupted media, which drives Pr bonkers.

I'd also say that most people who say "I've tried everything" haven't.  That's because of what I just wrote up there, about NLEs being complicated and using all a computer's resources, and the potential for conflicts.

This isn't to say that Pr isn't often buggy, and Adobe doesn't release versions that aren't ready.  It happens.  I edit for a living, and at least I'm happy there is a version that is stable on my hardware.  I use the latest build for my personal projects, where a deadline and my reputation isn't on the line.  Working at a slower pace helps me to see if there's a cause and effect for the problems in the new versions.

I've noticed that my problems start with 2015.4 when I start adding video layers to my Sequences.  Anything but cuts and dissolves brings trouble.  So, I can use 2015.4 to import, and use the nice BG transcode feature, lay out rough sequences, then use XML export to go back to 2015.2 to do my fine tuning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to love Avid - but Premiere suddenly left it to eat dust when it began supporting so many formats from the get-go.

I also understand that technology, in general, is always going to run into problems. There is no way to avoid it, but I believe a company's worth is measured by their ability to address these problems and keep their user base informed. I feel as though Adobe is slowly slipping in this regard, which is what makes this all the more frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting post.

For the record, I don't think I'm using particularly exotic hardware or formats: MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013. 16 GB RAM, Yosemite, iPhone video files on latest project. I'm not sure how much more typical you can get than that, but if my setup is silly, Adobe should just say so up front, and that they won't support it.

In the same way, they should tell their supporters that they are beta testing their software on them.

We should be notified to expect wasting inordinate amounts of time working out QA failures without getting paid for it.

It's bizarre to me that people seem to be so readily tolerating these obtuse workarounds as standard operating proceedure.

If I got Final Cut Pro, could I use XML from Premiere to reconstitute an edit with only frame-rate interpretation and speed adjustment effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When comes the Fix ????? We are waiting a very long time and i can not finish a big project 😞 !!!!

I habe a machine with 48 GB ram, i7, Nvidia K4200, 2 raid 0 ssd for C: and temporary premiere files, 4 raid 5 hdd for film data, one 500 GB ssd for extra windows paging memory and one 250 GB  ssd to save the encoded projects. 80 minutes film need over 300 GB paging memory !!! And Media Encoder can NOT render the projects. Only premiere direct, when i am very carefull with memory.

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the workarounds discussed above? Is the project done and you're just trying to export and encode it? I wouldn't wait for Adobe to fix this so you can finish - you could be waiting for months. There is a way to do what you need, let's figure it out.

As has been talked about, you could create a new project and import things one chunk at a time, then your sequences. You can open the project and let it build the cache files a piece at a time. Did you change your memory settings from performance to memory?

If you are just running into issues with Media Encoder, have you tried exporting from Premiere as DnxHD, and using that file to make your encoded deliverables in Media Encoder?

Good luck mate.

-Kristoffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problems with trial version of premiere 2015.4 - Low memory info + Windows 10 crash (blue screen) when importing fotage...about 60 percent of all load. Any ideas? I tried all of solves here, no result. 2015.2 works fine. I'm really disappointed Adobe 😕

When the fix will be avaliable ? 2015..5 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines