5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 9:56 AM by dj_paige

Can you send pictures directly to someone, questions

ilzho

So I have a client where I uploaded his pictures to my flickr album, over 1200 photos.

He is getting errors when he tries to open up the downloaded zip file, just a headache, tried changing permissions, creating smaller albums, nothing seems to work.

Here are my questions.

Is there a way in lightroom to send him the photos?

Can I send it to his email address or his flickr account?

I have yahoo mail, but not google mail.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Can you send pictures directly to someone, questions
          dj_paige Level 9

ilzho wrote:

So I have a client where I uploaded his pictures to my flickr album, over 1200 photos.

He is getting errors when he tries to open up the downloaded zip file, just a headache, tried changing permissions, creating smaller albums, nothing seems to work.

The only way we can help is if we know the exact error message, and the computer operating system where this happens.

Is there a way in lightroom to send him the photos?

Can I send it to his email address or his flickr account?

You can export the photo(s) to your hard disk and include it in an e-mail. 1200 photos are probably too many to e-mail.

You can upload the photo to your own Flickr account and then in Flickr make the album viewable to individuals or to everyone.

• 2. Re: Can you send pictures directly to someone, questions
            ilzho Level 1

Well, the error I think is through flickr.

1200 photos through flickr they can downloadable in 3 big zip files.

After the first one download in 2gb, it stated it could not unzip the files.

MAC os operating system.

It's not a lightroom error, or I don't think it is.

• 3. Re: Can you send pictures directly to someone, questions
              dj_paige Level 9

As I said, we would need to know the EXACT error message, and the operating system -- in other words, the version number, not that it is Mac OS.

But really, these things are nearly impossible to diagnose by playing telephone where I ask you a question and you repeat the question to the person who really has the problem and then he answers and you repeat the answer to me. We would be much better off, and possibly arrive at a solution much more quickly, if the person who had the problem could answer the questions while sitting at the computer where the problem exists.

And if it's not a Lightroom problem, this isn't the right place for the discussion.

• 4. Re: Can you send pictures directly to someone, questions
                ilzho Level 1

I apologize, maybe I wasn't clear in my first question.

I just want to know if I can send my picture through Lightroom directly to someone's email address or to their flickr account.

• 5. Re: Can you send pictures directly to someone, questions
                  dj_paige Level 9

I just want to know if I can send my picture through Lightroom directly to someone's email address or to their flickr account.

Yes, you can e-mail photos from within Lightroom, however it isn't really a good idea to e-mail 1200 pictures.

You cannot upload to someone else's Flickr — unless they give you the password (which is not recommended)