2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 9:42 AM by rickatk

Is there a way (yet) to save a PDF file to iCloud Drive using Acrobat Reader iOS

rickatk Level 1

Any suggestions as to how to save an Acrobat Reader file to iCloud Drive in iOS.  There doesn't seem to be an obvious solution other than emailing to myself or using Dropbox. Surprising Adobe hasn't added this feature to Acrobat Reader yet.

• 1. Re: Is there a way (yet) to save a PDF file to iCloud Drive using Acrobat Reader iOS
          VinceParsons Adobe Employee

While we do not currently provide support for saving to iCloud Drive, iOS 10 will be adding that functionality, and if you install the public beta of iOS 10, you can try it out:

On iOS 10, when the document is open in Acrobat Reader, tap on the 'share' button at the right side of the bottom toolbar. Then select 'Open in...', and then select 'Add to iCloud Drive' from the bottom row of icons.

It's also worth noting that with the latest release of Acrobat Reader (even with iOS 9), if you open a file from iCloud Drive (via 'More Locations' in the locations chooser), any changes made will be saved back to iCloud Drive.

• 2. Re: Is there a way (yet) to save a PDF file to iCloud Drive using Acrobat Reader iOS
            rickatk Level 1

VinceParsons wrote:

While we do not currently provide support for saving to iCloud Drive, iOS 10 will be adding that functionality, and if you install the public beta of iOS 10, you can try it out:

On iOS 10, when the document is open in Acrobat Reader, tap on the 'share' button at the right side of the bottom toolbar. Then select 'Open in...', and then select 'Add to iCloud Drive' from the bottom row of icons.

It's also worth noting that with the latest release of Acrobat Reader (even with iOS 9), if you open a file from iCloud Drive (via 'More Locations' in the locations chooser), any changes made will be saved back to iCloud Drive.

Thank you for the response and the information. Interesting to know an upgrade to iOS is required in order to add iCloud Drive services to iOS Acrobat Reader. I am sure there is a good technical reason for that. Certainly at first blush it looked like iCloud Drive was being kept off the list of compatible cloud storage services by the marketing department.

I saw that iCloud Drive is available via the "more" menu and accepted that feature as a way to open and view file.  Thanks for clarifying that changes can be made to a document residing in iCloud Drive as well. I tried it, made the changes using Reader....indeed when I had a look at the document using Acrboat DC  on my Mac the changes were there. In some respects this is different than the usual iOS implementation where a document has to be opened in an app then saved back sometimes creating a copy.

So this iCloud Drive feature appears to be heading in the right direction.

Thanks again