1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 5:49 PM by Djwaas

Desktop AIR Debug Launcher window size problem

Djwaas Level 1

Hello!

I'm developping an app for mobiles in 1080x1920px format.

When I select as a target "AIR for Android" and I launch the ADL, the player window doesn't appear in the expected size.

Instead, it appears in a weird ratio, close to 1:1.

I work on a Windows 10 machine, with a 1920x1200 screen resolution, I use Animate CC.

Here are two screenshots:

Picture #1 (If I launch the SWF file in a flash player, it opens in the right specified size and ratio): 01 - Flash Player.jpg

Picture #2 (In Animate, the ADL window opens in a weird aspect ratio): 02 - ADL (Android).jpg

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot!!

PS:

* The ADL window is not resizable.

* I had no such problem on CS6

* If the moderators reject this post, please let me know the reason.

BR

• 1. Re: Desktop AIR Debug Launcher window size problem
          Djwaas Level 1

Here's so far what I came up with, in case someone encounters the same problem as me:

I set the output animation at 540x960px (so half my target dimensions I intend to use for my APK or IPA).

This way, the ADL window appears in the correct ratio.

I'm not entirely sure about the reason, but I think when either the width or height of the animation exceeds the screen limits, you lose your targeted ratio.

Another explantation: either my system (W10), or my graphic card or Animate CC "reads" incorrectly my screen resolution (1920x1200), when I launch the ADL.

It could also be a resolution issue (dpi).

By the way, for some apps, I can resize the ADL window, and for others, I can't.. Although I set the resizable variable to "true" in all app manifests.

Anyone knows why?

Thank you!

1 person found this helpful