3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 1:11 PM by Opera Rat

making a sprite editable

Opera Rat Level 1
      Is it possible to make a series of sprites editable. I know that members are editable. These sprites contain text fields. I want to start the movie with them uneditable and then make them editable on a frame 2. So for my script for frame 2 I have

on startmovie

repeat with n=40 to 70
      sprite(n).editable=false
      end repeat
      end

This just causes the cast window to flash kind of and the movie gets stuck. My members have names, do I really need to go through and say member("yourName").editable = false

I hope not
        • 1. Re: making a sprite editable
          Allen_Partridge-1MiBZx Adobe Employee
          sprite(n).member.editable = 0

--Allen
          • 2. making a sprite editable
            James Newton, ACP Level 3
            quote:

I want to start the movie with [some field sprites] uneditable and then make them editable on a frame 2.

If the member is editable, then the sprite is editable. If you want to make it impossible to edit the sprite, then the .editable properties for both the sprite and the member need to be set to FALSE.

quote:

So for my script for frame 2 I have:

on startmovie
              repeat with n=40 to 70
                sprite(n).editable=false
              end repeat
            end

This will have no effect at all, for a number of reasons:
            * The #startMovie event is not sent to frame scripts, only to the first movie script with an "on startMovie()" handler
            * If the members are editable, the sprites will still be editable even if the .editable property of the sprite is FALSE
            * You said you wanted the sprites to be editable in frame 2, yet you are setting their .editable property to FALSE

Try this:

• 3. Re: making a sprite editable
              Opera Rat Level 1
              I ended up doing it a different way. 2 fields - one displays the info only the other is for input. Thanks for the code. I will try it.