3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 3:30 AM by Roei Tzoref

Afeter Effects CS6 Error (3 § 0)

stefanp84258980

Screenshot_.png

Hey folks,

One of our colleagues recently started AE CS6 and he send me this error message. Can anybody tell me, what i have to do to solve the issue.

EDIT: Every time he starts SC6, this appears. The UI isnt usable aswell. In addition, the CS6 screen and parts of the UI are wiggleing.

Many Thanks.

• 1. Re: Afeter Effects CS6 Error (3 § 0)
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

what version of CS6 exactly? you can try reset your preferences - when you launch click CMD+ALT+SHIFT and click on the App icon and click O.K to reset your preferences.

The UI isnt usable aswell. In addition, the CS6 screen and parts of the UI are wiggleing.

if the software is the most updated to it's release (11.0.4), then this would seem like a display driver problem. if you can provide a screen recording of what's actually is happening

• 2. Re: Afeter Effects CS6 Error (3 § 0)
            stefanp84258980 Level 1

Hi Roei,

- the different layers inside AE are switching around like hell. Youre able to use the other parts of AE like Info or Effect Controls but..its not really necessary if we cant use the layers.

- We're running Adobe SC6 11.0.4.2

- I reset the preferences as you said but with noc sucess.

Greetings,

• 3. Re: Afeter Effects CS6 Error (3 § 0)
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like a demon possessed your software . you if say "Layers" then you mean you are opening a current project. how about when launching Ae without any project? then what happens? if you are on Mac then taking a screen recording is easy. could you? FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?  I would love to see this acting up and figure what's wrong.

this is a long shot but could it be that your Mouse,Wacom,Keyboard is really acting up and pressing something all the time?

don't worry, we'll figure this out.