Have you tried including the inappbrowser plugin and seeing if that changes the behaviour?
Hi thanks for the reply!, would I need to do anything else besides just add
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-inappbrowser" source="pgb" spec="1.0.1" />
because I just tried this but didn't see a change.
EDIT.... turns out I needed to do a bit more on my side but I think I got it. I had to add the following code
var iframe = $(#webview);
var allAs = iframe.contents().find("a[target=_blank]");
var url = this.href;
Well, for one, don't source from PGB -- that repo is deprecaTed. Use the "npm" source instead (and make sure to get the most recent version).
hmm interesting...I'll try that. I just went with what is listed on the the "Plugins" page for "InAppBrowser"
edit... tried it without my js workaround. Still the same... so I'll keep using the js workaround... but i guess still good to use the latest version.