1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 2:03 PM by Will-CalAg

<ext-link> XML tag causes export to Incopy to freeze

Will-CalAg

I'm prepping an article for export to NLM-DTD 2.3 XML and have discovered  when I export the story to InCopy, it freezes in the middle of the export. I have to force quit InDesign and when I get back in, I can see a new icml file has been generated and linked to my text. Unfortunately, when I try to check out or update the link, I get message telling me it isn't linked to a valid icml file.

None of the other XML tags seem to cause any issues, just the <ext-link> tag. Is there any way around this or do I just need to wait until they fix this bug?

Thanks!

Will

• 1. Re: <ext-link> XML tag causes export to Incopy to freeze
          Will-CalAg Level 1

I just discovered that the problem was caused by using the <ext-link> tag on text that has been hyperlinked. I removed the hyperlink, then tagged to text with the <ext-link> tag and had no problem exporting to InCopy from InDesign.

To test further, I Checked Out the text and I added a hyperlink to the <ext-link> tagged text. I had no problem checking the text back in. Maybe it is the order in which they are applied? XML tag first, then hyperlink.