0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 11:14 AM by martinpublishingservices

Incorrect Continuation of Formatting When Placing Word Document

martinpublishingservices

**Update** This appears to only be happening when I place it into a "digital publishing" document.

The original paragraph looks like this in Microsoft Word AND in the Preview Pane in the File Explorer when I go to place the file:

Example of original content:

Then we’re going to have 5 delicious meals ready to feed our families throughout the next week or two or three. Yep. Say goodbye to dinnertime exhaustion or panic. Say goodbye to big kitchen messes night after night. Say goodbye to spending extra money on take-out.

But when I place it into InDesign, everything is italicized from "5 delicious meals" all the way to the end of the paragraph AND all the way through to the next paragraph.

Then we’re going to have 5 delicious meals ready to feed our families throughout the next week or two or three. Yep. Say goodbye to dinnertime exhaustion or panic. Say goodbye to big kitchen messes night after night. Say goodbye to spending extra money on take-out.

It's not just limited to italics.  It's whenever there is a change in they character styling.  Like if the font family changes in mid-sentence, then the font change carries forward, too.

I'm still working on figuring it out, and if I find the issue, I will come back and post it incase anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks!