3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 4:08 PM by Roei Tzoref

Color of Alpha Layered .Mov Shifted upon Reopening Program

MaximumCollins

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 5.55.09 PM.png

So I opened up my project today and for some reason the version of this alpha layed logo (.mov format - it's animated) has changed colors from this:

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 5.55.26 PM.png

Tried restarting, reimporting the animation, but it's still that weird color shift not only in the composition, but the file in the project as well. The Raw file on my hard drive is untouched and when opened displays the correct colors. What am I missing here?

• 1. Re: Color of Alpha Layered .Mov Shifted upon Reopening Program
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Windows 10? PNG+ALPHA? try uninstalling Quicktime and tell me if it works

• 2. Re: Color of Alpha Layered .Mov Shifted upon Reopening Program
            MaximumCollins Level 1

Mac OS 10.11.6 - Running After Effects CC 2015.3

It won't let me uninstall quicktime on a Mac.

• 3. Re: Color of Alpha Layered .Mov Shifted upon Reopening Program
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

there seem to be a problem with 13.8.1 on some systems with PNG+ALPHA RGB VALUES ever since the native quick time thing.

can you stop the process of ADOBE QT32?

about native import and export of Animation codec QuickTime files

After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8.1), Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 (10.4), Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.4 (10.4), Audition CC 2015.2 (9.2.1), and Prelude CC 2015.4 (5.0.1) can now import and export QuickTime files that use the Animation codec without assistance from QuickTime 7 on Windows, or from the Adobe QT32 Server process on macOS.

Native import of Animation currently only supports I-frame only movies (no compression key frames set).

Native export of Animation currently only supports I-frame only movies (no compression key frames set) at 100% quality.

Native export of Animation only supports the Uncompressed audio codec. Attempting to export a QuickTime file with the Animation codec and compressed audio codecs will fail with an error message, “Compressor format error”.

about native import of PNG codec QuickTime files

After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8.1), Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 (10.4), and Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.4 (10.4) can now import QuickTime files that use the PNG codec, without assistance from QuickTime 7 on Windows, or the Adobe QT32 Server process on macOS.