12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 3:07 PM by cmaeers

Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300

dupi5329547 Level 1

Hello,

My Lightroom CC app is not importing RAW files from Nikon D5300.  Using Mac Desktop, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), LR CC latest version.  The interesting thing is I'm using the same application on my Mac Laptop Pro and the files import no problem. This is a specific issue to my desktop.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

• 1. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which version of RAW is installed on each computer?

• 2. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
            dupi5329547 Level 1

Hello, the latest camera raw CC is up to date on both desktop and laptop.

• 3. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Does your laptop also have 10.11.6?

If yes, I am out of ideas

• 4. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                dupi5329547 Level 1

lol Thanks anyway, yes both are up to date and same program.  The desktop LR was working fine first but I think I deleted the catalog folder (mistake, was getting used to the program), after that it stopped recognizing my flies on my camera.  I checked and I have a new catalog folder, it has all previous import photos there but, it will not longer import new ones...

• 5. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                  Abambo Level 4

Sounds like a general import problem, not specific to the camera. Check the rights. Can you copy files (physical copy from inside LR)? Can you edit your files?

• 6. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                    dj_paige Level 9

dupi5329547 wrote:

Hello,

My Lightroom CC app is not importing RAW files from Nikon D5300. Using Mac Desktop, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), LR CC latest version. The interesting thing is I'm using the same application on my Mac Laptop Pro and the files import no problem. This is a specific issue to my desktop. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

Can you explain exactly what happens when this importing problem appears. Describe in detail! If there is an error message, please quote the exact unedited complete word-for-word error message.

• 7. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                      reginao87867719 Level 1

I am having this exact same problem. Except my problem occurs when I have shot in jpeg + RAW. RAW only is fine. I can import them and edit them without a problem. But yesterday I shot in jpeg + RAW and tried to import them into LR cc (latest version) on my Mac. I have spent literally my entire day working on this to no avail. I was running El Capitan and just updated to SIERRA version 10.12 now in hopes that that would help. It has not helped. Every time I import, the only thing that comes through is the jpeg version. I have checked and unchecked the box to group jpegs and RAW together, that doesn't make a difference. I have attempted to import directly from my camera and it doesn't work (on my old dinosaur PC it works, but not on my Mac). Advice, please?

• 8. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                        ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Check to see that your version of Lightroom is new enough to deal with the raw files from your camera:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

If you have a card reader handy, they are much better to use than directly connecting the camera to the computer.

• 9. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                          dj_paige Level 9

reginao87867719  wrote

I am having this exact same problem. Except my problem occurs when I have shot in jpeg + RAW. RAW only is fine. I can import them and edit them without a problem. But yesterday I shot in jpeg + RAW and tried to import them into LR cc (latest version) on my Mac. I have spent literally my entire day working on this to no avail. I was running El Capitan and just updated to SIERRA version 10.12 now in hopes that that would help. It has not helped. Every time I import, the only thing that comes through is the jpeg version. I have checked and unchecked the box to group jpegs and RAW together, that doesn't make a difference. I have attempted to import directly from my camera and it doesn't work (on my old dinosaur PC it works, but not on my Mac). Advice, please?

What camera? What version NUMBER of Lightroom do you have installed? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message. Do you see the RAWs in the import dialog and can't import them? Or do you not even see the RAWs in the Import dialog box?

• 10. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                            cmaeers Level 1

I am having the exact same problem the files are there and can be viewed when double clicking to view single image but when I try to import  LR looks like its doing it but nothing happens !

• 11. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                              dj_paige Level 9

cmaeers  wrote

I am having the exact same problem the files are there and can be viewed when double clicking to view single image but when I try to import  LR looks like its doing it but nothing happens !

Perhaps if you answered some of the questions earlier in this thread, we might have a solution for you.

• 12. Re: Lightroom not importing Files - Nikon D5300
                                cmaeers Level 1

Apologies - I didn't put lots of info in as I  was just starting to try to sort it out  .... just wanted to add my two pennyworth that there is an issue as I have never had a problem before, but I usually use a Canon and shoot RAW files.  However on this occasion I borrowed a Nikon camera and didn't want to mess with the settings so ended up with Jpegs.  That said I eventually imported images into the iPhoto Library (which I never use - hate it).  From there after a few goes I managed to open them up in Adobe Camera RAW via Finder re-saved  the photos then finally imported to LR where I manage all my images.  Had a bit of game but just needed to crack on so apologies for not being more detailed, but thanks for responding so quick as I may very well have needed that help (though didn't have full camera details anyway as it was a quick shoot pretty much done on the run as always) ! 

Cheers

Clare