2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 5:49 PM by ijjg

InDesign Font displaying issue

ijjg

Hello,

I am experiencing some font issues with InDesign, especially when displaying Chinese character fonts.

Below is the dropdown menu of the font, and as you can see, there are some Chinese fonts that could display properly, while some seems corrupted. On the "Canvas" it will show crossed out boxes with pink boxes highlighting it as shown in attachment. However, none of these problem happens in Photoshop, illustrator, nor in Microsoft Word... I looked up the solutions online, cleared the cache and deleted AdobeFnt.lst, but the problem still exist. Please help!

Also, before I cleared the cache, InDesign will prompt a "out of memory" message whenever I chose those "corrupted" fonts, and it will crash and shut down the app. Please see attachment for my laptop's spec and I have 50GB of free storage in my hard disk. Thanks for helping!

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 23.11.58.png Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 23.20.10.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-11 at 23.20.21.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-11 at 23.30.12.png

Regards,

William