1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 8:15 AM by Roei Tzoref

Basic key frame start, stop and loop animations

johnh36533375

Hi, I am new to After Effects so apologies in advance if my questions are very basic or obvious to expert users.

In a composition I have created animations using keyframes and some background animations using the loopOut cycle expression.

1. How do I get the keyframes animations to play once, stop and remain visible and the loop animations to keep animating in the background?

2. With the loop animations how do I control the length of time before it animates back into its loop cycle again? For example if I want the loop cycle to start every 15 seconds rather than immediately after it has finished (i.e. 2-3 seconds).

• 1. Re: Basic key frame start, stop and loop animations
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

1. How do I get the keyframes animations to play once, stop and remain visible and the loop animations to keep animating in the background?

I am not sure what do you mean. it seems there are 2 questions here.

1. How do I get the keyframes animations to play once, stop and remain visible

you can use the loopIn() instead of loopOut(). then put your keyframes at the end. this way the loop will finish at the keyframes.

and the loop animations to keep animating in the background?

I don't understand. try explaining this in another way

2. With the loop animations how do I control the length of time before it animates back into its loop cycle again? For example if I want the loop cycle to start every 15 seconds rather than immediately after it has finished (i.e. 2-3 seconds).

you have loopOutDuration expression

loopOutDuration(type = "cycle", duration = 0). you can set the duration and at that time the loop will repeat it self. for example

loopOutDuration(type = "cycle", duration = 15) means that at the 15 seconds of your timeline, the layer will repeat the keyframes again.