2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 7:19 PM by akn224

Problems With Importing Files

akn224

I am using a Mac (OS X El Capitan) and Lightroom CC. In the Creative Cloud box, it says that Lightroom is up to date.

I was on vacation about 3 weeks ago and got home and have been doing a lot of editing of those photos on Lightroom. Didn't have a single problem with importing or anything else.

Now today, I had an engagement photoshoot this afternoon. After I got home, I have been trying to import the photos but it isn't working. I use a Canon 6D and 7D Mark ii, the import is not working for either camera. When I am in the Import section, all of the previous files that I had imported before today's shoot are showing up, but all of the new files say "Preview currently unavailable for this file" (or something like that). If I click on the files and try to import them anyway, it immediately looks like it is importing the files and the bar at the top left (Copy and Import Photos) is immediately 3/4 full, however no matter how long I wait it won't move from there. No files are being imported at all- in fact nothing is happening at all. After waiting for awhile, I close Lightroom. Clicking on the x to close out of it won't actually close it, and I have to force quit it to get it to close because it says it isn't responding.

Have gone through this process multiple times with both cameras with the same results. Don't know what to do next. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Problems With Importing Files
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure the destination panel on the right is fully open and the file path is shown at the top. Also ensure the folder you are copying into has read & write permissions.

• 2. Re: Problems With Importing Files
            akn224 Level 1

Without making any changes to the folder or file path, it works after 4 or 5 times trying to import. But then after closing out of Lightroom, it will give me the same issue for another 4 or 5 times. Each time when I try to import , there will be more files visible and less that will say "preview unavailable" until finally they will all be visible and then the import will work.

The weird thing is I didn't change anything. Importing worked fine for a long time and this issue just started randomly