3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2016 4:03 AM by dj_paige

How to recover cataloges/collections after reinstall due to system crash

emnem3

This may not be new as i encountered this already when moving from v4 to v5.  But because I have only very small collections then, I did not bother recovering them.

But now, I have huge amount of pictures that I need to recover them.

I  doubt I lost them--so probably it's more on knowing what to set and what to look for.

I'm using windows 7 desktop.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: How to recover cataloges/collections after reinstall due to system crash
          dj_paige Level 9

I guess it depends where your catalog and photos were located before the system crash, and what about your system crashed?

In any event, the catalog file is what you need to find, it's name ends with .LRCAT. Alternatively, you could simply restore a backup copy of the catalog file — you do have backups of the catalog file and all photos, don't you?

• 2. Re: How to recover cataloges/collections after reinstall due to system crash
            emnem3 Level 1

Hi.The photos and I believe the .lrcat files are all in a hard drive.  My OS is in an SSD--so I should still have them.In my search, I found a file with .lrcat extension.  When I double-click it, LR ran.

Now I guess my issue is how to reconfigure LR so it looks for the lrcat files where my old lrcat files are.

Thank you.

To: Edgardo Cusi <ecusisr@yahoo.ca>

Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2016 1:52 PM

Subject:  How to recover cataloges/collections after reinstall due to system crash

How to recover cataloges/collections after reinstall due to system crash

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionI guess it depends where your catalog and photos were located before the system crash, and what about your system crashed? In any event, the catalog file is what you need to find, it's name ends with .LRCAT. Alternatively, you could simply restore a backup copy of the catalog file — you do have backups of the catalog file and all photos, don't you? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8940430#8940430 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8940430#8940430 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 3. Re: How to recover cataloges/collections after reinstall due to system crash
              dj_paige Level 9

Now I guess my issue is how to reconfigure LR so it looks for the lrcat files where my old lrcat files are.

Find a catalog file (using your operating system to search for files whose name ends with .LRCAT) and then double-click on it.