1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2016 5:51 AM by Roei Tzoref

    Can't figure out how to do this.


      Hi. I watched this video and can't figure out how to do the effects at 1:12 - 1:15.  (video linked down below)

      It would be amazing if someone could explain this step by step.

      Thank you.

      *I know this might be easy but I just started using after effects, please help


      Follow Your Stoke 3. - Nainoa Langer - YouTube

        • 1. Re: Can't figure out how to do this.
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

          it looks to me like the Gradient Wipe Effect


          it's a pretty cool effect when used in moderation . in my design school years I used this effect constantly to grunge up my projects (probably too much!). the effect belongs to the "Transition Effects" Category look here: Transition effects in After Effects - it causes pixels in the layer to become transparent based on luminance values (what is dark will disappear first and then what's bright). the default is the layer itself but you can select another layer. it is VERY EASY to use and you could do better than this example (edges not looking so good over there, should have played some more with the parameters). GW also works great with textures layers (cement, rust for example). you can invert the gradient with a checkbox (like shown here). if you want more control you can adjust the gradient layer further with CC tools or others.