4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 8:43 AM by the.glaserbeam

Nikon WU-1b jepg jpeg import lightroom mobile?

jespers25528822 Level 1

Hello!

I'm using nikon WU-1b with my Nikon D600 to transfer photos from my camera to my phone (samsung galaxy s5). But when I try to import the photos to lightroom mobile I can't find the photos.

If I edit the photos in the phones limited editing app and save it I can import the saved photo to lightroom.

I think this is because the imported file is JEPG and the saved file is JPEG.

Is it any way I can import the original JEPG file to lightroom mobile ? And is it some way to import NEF files to lightroom mobile ?

• 1. Re: Nikon WU-1b jepg jpeg import lightroom mobile?
          Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Hi Jespers,

The jpgs should be able to import just fine, just a matter of putting the images into a folder that Lightroom Mobile is able to view. The Camera folder is one folder we look at.

Once saved, I'm assuming it goes to a folder that we can import from perhaps?

Importing NEF files is only an option on the iOS version of Lightroom Mobile at this time. Some Android devices allow for DNG capture and Lightroom mobile supports those DNGs.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pete

• 2. Re: Nikon WU-1b jepg jpeg import lightroom mobile?
            the.glaserbeam

I have the exact same issue when using the wireless function on my  Nikon d5200. I have to save a copy via another editing app for Lightroom to recognize it.

I've also tried putting the imported photos from my Nikon into another photo folder, but still no luck.

I'm using Lightroom on Android

• 3. Re: Nikon WU-1b jepg jpeg import lightroom mobile?
              jespers25528822 Level 1

I don't think that the folder is the issue. I have imported photos from the same folder, so lightroom mobile have no problem with the folder. And I have try moving the files to every folder i have on my phone and still the same problem.

I still think it´s the file type that is the problem. What is the difference between JEPG and JPEG ? I have search on google on the difference but I only finds one million sites that describes  what an JPEG is. No answers about what JEPG is. Maybe I´m just bad at searching on google.

The only thing that I can see is different between the files that I can import ant the files I can´t import  are the file name.

JEPG= can´t find and can´t import.

JPEG= works fine every time.

• 4. Re: Nikon WU-1b jepg jpeg import lightroom mobile?
                the.glaserbeam Level 1

Have you found a solution yet?